Players specific pattern selection via midi.

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Synth Street

30 Jul 2020

I can hardly believe this is not possible.. :? :puf_unhappy:

I want to assign players with patterns option like 'Kompulsion', 'Drum Sequencer' and 'Poly Sequencer' to dedicated buttons on a midi controller. so a dedicated button for P1 another for P2 etc..

There is just 1 controller message to assign to go to the next pattern, but not a specific one.
So i want to go to P1 than to P2 and then back to P1 .. but that is not possible (only with the mouse this is possible to record this live)

Blessings.

artotaku

30 Jul 2020

There is workaround with a combinator and matrix device. See attached combinator patch.
Assign the buttons of your MIDI controllers to the pattern select buttons on the matrix.
The solution has disadvantages. The pattern change is not immediately but synced to a bar and you cannot switch off the pattern (you´d need an extra button and a pattern on the Matrix reserved for that)
Matrix-Pattern-Switch.zip
(1.81 KiB) Downloaded 59 times

DaveyG

30 Jul 2020

Ah, the most used Reason excuse: "workaround".

Synth Street

30 Jul 2020

artotaku wrote:
30 Jul 2020
There is workaround with a combinator and matrix device. See attached combinator patch.
Assign the buttons of your MIDI controllers to the pattern select buttons on the matrix.
The solution has disadvantages. The pattern change is not immediately but synced to a bar and you cannot switch off the pattern (you´d need an extra button and a pattern on the Matrix reserved for that)
Matrix-Pattern-Switch.zip
Wow that's so cool! You rock!
Not perfect indeed, but much much better than not being able to do it..
Much thanks and love. :thumbup: :clap:
Blessings.

• Information