Have clip colors not change when moving? (while also having auto-color on)

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
joeyluck

08 Jun 2020

This suggestion might be a little niche?

I like having auto-color on. It's great for speedy workflow. I can changed colors later if I feel like it.

I do wish I could at least choose the beginning color to start the rotation. Or being able to select the entire order for the rotation would be cool. But that's a separate feature suggestion (another existing thread).

So while I like having auto-color on, I prefer that clips don't change colors when moving between tracks. With auto-color on, if you move a clip from one track to another, it takes on the color of that other track. I prefer to retain the color and the association of that clip coming from a different track.

Now this is only when you have auto-color on. If you turn it off, then when you move clips to different tracks, they retain their color.

So I'm not sure if I'm the only one who wishes I could have both auto-color on and retain color when moving clips. I wonder if there's anybody working the opposite way, with auto-color off, that wishes that clips when moved changed to match color of the track in which they were moved.

• Information