MIDI in from generic MIDI controllers

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
uselessdetails

26 Apr 2020

There's a ton of breakage in Reason right now around MIDI controllers. I suspect it's a bug, but the support folks haven't been able to identify it in over six months. I'm about to switch to a different sequencer since Reason can't do MIDI in anymore.

Anyway, that's an item on my wishlist for Reason - MIDI in.

Loque

26 Apr 2020

I have absolutly no clue what you are talking about. Please break out of your head and explain it in a way, others can understand it. Thanks.
Reason12, Win10

uselessdetails

26 Apr 2020

I haven't been able to do MIDI in in a long time. My ticket with PH has been open over 6 months.

I have two macs with fresh installations that both exhibit the same problem. I have a third mac which does not. The first two run case sensitive file systems. The third does not. But the third isn't really my mac and can't be used for music production. The first two are mine, but can't run case insensitive file systems for the same reason the testers at PH should not be running them.

If it really is just a spelling error, then it's likely a one character fix in source code. And all they have to do to find it is test. That is, it's a very likely an easy problem and a trivial fix.

The symptom, btw, is that no controllers are recognized automatically and only about 35% of the expected choices are available to be selected manually, most notably, no generic MIDI controller.

Oh, and I've been running Reason for a LONG time and all my macs have had case sensitive file systems. This bug is a regression of basic functionality.

• Information