5n1 - really anything other than just stereo.

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
uselessdetails

26 Apr 2020

5n1 - really anything other than just stereo.

Loque

26 Apr 2020

Erm...wat?
Reason12, Win10

pushedbutton

26 Apr 2020

He wants to output audio for movies.
You'd have to use another piece of software to export a suitable format but as you can create as many busses as you like you should be able to export separate audio channels from Reason then stitch them together in audacity or premier or something like that.
Reason's SSL mixer is for stereo but you can make your own busses for Center and Bass, Front Stereo and Rear Stereo then do the final mixdown in something capable of it.
Or a shorter, more pessimistic answer is, no, no you can't.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

uselessdetails

26 Apr 2020

Or quadrophonic... Or any of a number of other kinds of audio processing.

Yes, I agree that with the right set of submixers and outputs, and some other piece of software to pull it all together into a sound file, (perhaps my video editor), I could sorta cobble something together. It's doable. I just wish it were doable within Reason.

Loque

26 Apr 2020

pushedbutton wrote:
26 Apr 2020
He wants to output audio for movies.
You'd have to use another piece of software to export a suitable format but as you can create as many busses as you like you should be able to export separate audio channels from Reason then stitch them together in audacity or premier or something like that.
Reason's SSL mixer is for stereo but you can make your own busses for Center and Bass, Front Stereo and Rear Stereo then do the final mixdown in something capable of it.
Or a shorter, more pessimistic answer is, no, no you can't.
I have something in my mind, that there is a RE to help here... And isn't it just connecting the right audio channels from tge audio device in the end? I thought there were some settings for that... Gotta check it, but i dont have a 5:1 atm.

Maybe its this one, can't remember. And maybe it can now be replaced with VSTs:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... x-decoder/
Reason12, Win10

uselessdetails

27 Apr 2020

That does seem to be related.

But what I really want is an arbitrary number of outputs from the main mixer and the ability to write multichannel sound files.

• Information