Just sent this letter to the Props

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Heigen5

18 Apr 2020

Hello Dear Reason Studio Guys!
Hope you're all fine there.

So as I can't be sure you have read some of my suggestions over the ReasonTalk.com
or from my founded Reasonheads.com, I decided to tell my suggestion directly via this form too.

So Basically taken... I'm suggesting you to make one more subscription type here.
This type of subscription would allow us to load any Rack Extension in the shop,
(when one wants to collab with the other Reasoner). This part was about the possibility to collab again,
Like in the Record & Reason era.

The other good thing about this idea is for those who are the sound designers.
This subscription model should let anyone to load anything in the Stock/RE wise. Crazy? No!
As I could then start to sell anything to my clients that uses various REs in my combinators as example.

--> I could have as many REs (that I own) in my combinators and everyone who subscribes to this - could load them,
no matter what REs there are INSIDE THE COMBIS.

Wait! --> Please notice that if a person x doesn't have a specific RE, he/she would only see a blank GUI and
couldn't save it's patch at all. The combi should still work for the mapped functions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in the nutshell:

1) People could always collab by subscribing for this subscription TYPE.

2) You would get lots and lots new subscriber clients for this one (because it allows more than one thing in once).

3) This would make the sound designers to be able to put any/multible REs they have inside their combis
and our clients to be able to always load them. They just wouldn't be able to tweak and save them.

4) You would get more income

5) Everyone would be happy - Maybe the monthly fee should be approx. 14.90€

Hope I was clear as bell in this (if I wasn't then feel free to ask).

Best Regards: Heikki Roots

All the best! ;-)
I think it would be possible and also this would open many closed doors in once too :)

gullum

18 Apr 2020

Wait, so I can buy a REfill. but can't make changes to the patches and or save the changes because there is a RE used that I do not own?
Last edited by gullum on 18 Apr 2020, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

18 Apr 2020

I like the core of the idea. But...how to deal with automation, CV, Combinator mappings and so on? That are all some kind of a way to modify a patch. Cant save as a patch AND a song? So, where is the collaboration than?

I think there are many open questions. And if there are many open questions, the answer and possible solution is way too complicated and probably many ppl still ar unsatisfied. At last maybe the devs themself.

Again, i like the main point of the idea., but realisation could be pretty hard.
Reason12, Win10

Heigen5

18 Apr 2020

You could automate anything regarding to what has been mapped for these specific combinators. So it would be up to the sound designer to make their combis top-notch.

But, maybe there should also be a Collab Subscription PRO that allows you to tweak for 29.90€? Bu still not save them maybe then?

Loque

18 Apr 2020

Heigen5 wrote:
18 Apr 2020
You could automate anything regarding to what has been mapped for these specific combinators. So it would be up to the sound designer to make their combis top-notch.

But, maybe there should also be a Collab Subscription PRO that allows you to tweak for 29.90€? Bu still not save them maybe then?
It would be quite limited for a real collaboration. On the other hand, someone making a serious collobration, needs the same tools.

Limiting for Combinator's mapping could be interesting for refill designers, true. But i already can hear all the whining of the ppl...

Yea, it came into my mind too, to have some kind of "collaboration subscription". But not sure, how it can really work properly.
Reason12, Win10

Heigen5

18 Apr 2020

Loque wrote:
18 Apr 2020
Heigen5 wrote:
18 Apr 2020

It would be quite limited for a real collaboration. On the other hand, someone making a serious collobration, needs the same tools.

Limiting for Combinator's mapping could be interesting for refill designers, true. But i already can hear all the whining of the ppl...

Yea, it came into my mind too, to have some kind of "collaboration subscription". But not sure, how it can really work properly.
Well the post above was a conclusion that Collab Pro would let you open/tweak/automate too. ;)
Just that the Props and the Re Devs are also in the big picture then.

Heigen5

18 Apr 2020

By the way, you could make sound-design with the Collab Pro and save the work inside the .reason files.
And when you'd want to release the Refill, you'd probably then use "Rent To Own" parallely too...

EDIT: Or also the ordinary subscription models too...

EDIT2: By the way, it wouldn't be me who'd like to collect all the templates to sneak into the early sound-design possibility. And well... I'd already need to subscribe still too then... ;)

Oquasec

18 Apr 2020

Tbh if I really wanted to do that I'd just buy the missing plugin or replace it with another plugin that does the same thing.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Heigen5

18 Apr 2020

Oquasec wrote:
18 Apr 2020
Tbh if I really wanted to do that I'd just buy the missing plugin or replace it with another plugin that does the same thing.
We all would... or would we? :roll:

EDIT: I wouldn't as I don't want to buy stuff based on the:
1) I can afford
2) I want to buy stuff if my collaber already has it
3) I would like to raise the sound-design possibilities into a next level? Long live the new upcoming patches already now!

PhillipOrdonez

18 Apr 2020

Are there so many collaborating with Reason files and not wave files?

Heigen5

18 Apr 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
18 Apr 2020
Are there so many collaborating with Reason files and not wave files?
Probably there's lots of stem users atm. as that's the only option atm. But if I could create a web-band I'd love this way more. And well because we could have 7 or more REs inside the combi and people could load them anytime then. IMO.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2020

Oquasec wrote:
18 Apr 2020
Yep. Or just work with the instruments and fx that both you and your musical mate both have already. Mastering part can be done with the person who has Ozone (you know who you are :) )
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Oquasec

18 Apr 2020

Honestly I'd use stock over ozone and just do my thing in a collab. But that's just me.
But yeah if you are missing the plugins either buy the plugin or replace it with a plugin you already have and continue.
Missing camelcrusher? use something else.
Missing serum? Use something else.
Missing massive? Use something else :P
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2020

Oquasec wrote:
18 Apr 2020
Honestly I'd use stock over ozone and just do my thing in a collab. But that's just me.
But yeah if you are missing the plugins either buy the plugin or replace it with a plugin you already have and continue.
Hahaha. Well I can’t master and my friend has Ozone so it’s pretty much already decided for me. I do usually also get a “stock” master as well though :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

18 Apr 2020

something like this would’ve been useful pre-VST, but I think it makes a bit less sense now. now that people can have projects with different sets of REs *and* VSTs, a solution like this would be less appealing, because you’d still have to deal with any VSTs you don’t both have.

there are any number of things they could do to make collaboration easier amongst Reason users, but sadly the attempts they have made have been shallow at best. a really well-done, easy-to-use way to freeze tracks would take care of the problem, and in my estimate, be the best path for them to take at this point.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

BradfordMoeller

18 Apr 2020

Not a fan of the idea, sorry. :(

If anything, maybe a separate "collaboration" forum/messaging system here, or better, on the RS website itself might work to some extent.

Means of finding others with compatible aspirations is everything, and that alone is quite a task.

Sharing tools with others is not something I consider necessary, or even a thought when working with someone else.

It also could make the process more confusing, and I'm also not willing to install a bunch of REs just to have them clog up my sidebar.

If you share wav files and just communicate at each step of the way (and have an efficient means of communication), I'd think that's ideal.

A sleek and convenient form of messaging between 2 or more people privately (after responding to an initial forum post about what someone is hoping to collaborate on, or reaching out to someone based on their tagged genres) would be, I think, the best way to get collaborative work going.

Basically, composing/performing/producing can already be such a convoluted process, a modern means of seeking collaboration needs to be lightweight, super-accessible, and so simple to navigate that it's fun.
:reason:)))

gullum

18 Apr 2020

After thinking on this a little it makes little to no sense at all to me. because it opens for refill makers to make refills without any thought about the end users, refills can not be trialed so there is not much chance of knowing before you buy what devices are used in it unless all are listed. If there are to many used chances of selling are less and in my case if there are RE's I don't have I would simply not buy.
For collabs I would simply not bother if I first need to get the RE's I'm missing then maybe learn how to use them before I can add my ideas to the song and if I use a Re that the other person is missing he needs to go through the same frustration of getting and learning before he can do his thing.

PhillipOrdonez

18 Apr 2020

MrFigg wrote:
18 Apr 2020
Oquasec wrote:
18 Apr 2020
Hahaha. Well I can’t master and my friend has Ozone so it’s pretty much already decided for me. I do usually also get a “stock” master as well though :).
Can your friend master, though? Having ozone and being able to master aren't the same thing :p

joeyluck

18 Apr 2020

It doesn't sound like RE developers would benefit much from this.

There is a subscription service available already.

If a collaborator uses a RE you don't own, you can subscribe to it directly. And even though that's not a great deal of money going to the developer, at least the small amount you seek to pay would be going directly to the developer whose RE's you are using. Or you can buy it. Or your collaborator can bounce just those tracks.

One of the things I'd like to see to help with collaborating is the option for Reason to output a list of plugins used in a project. Then I can share that with a collaborator, ahead of sharing the Reason file, and they can tell me what to bounce, what plugins they also have, what plugins they are interested in checking out.

As mentioned by guitfnky above, we have VSTs now. So, I'm already having to figure out what VSTs a collaborator has, even if you had such a subscription feature with REs.

The other option is if you plan to collaborate, and you want each other to have access to everything, just use stock devices.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Apr 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
18 Apr 2020
MrFigg wrote:
18 Apr 2020

Can your friend master, though? Having ozone and being able to master aren't the same thing :p
Yeah Phil :). He can :).
Or at least he can better than me :)
Last edited by MrFigg on 19 Apr 2020, edited 1 time in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

19 Apr 2020

joeyluck wrote:
18 Apr 2020
The other option is if you plan to collaborate, and you want each other to have access to everything, just use stock devices.
I’m in this boat right now with a bandmate. normally we just do our separate things in Reason and hash it all out in the practice space, but since practice space is on hold...

we both have Addictive Drums 2, but other than that, we’re just making sure to only use stock devices while we’re writing stuff out. working out just fine so far, and just that simple agreement makes it much less headache, since we don’t have to worry about bouncing channels and all that stuff.

I’d still love a solid track freeze implementation to cover all the bases, but this works just fine for now.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

tiker01

19 Apr 2020

I have expressed my opinion about this matter. It was so long ago I can't even remember the answer. But it is still a great miss I think that the cardboard devices cannot function as black boxes with in and out volume faders provided by the Reason on the cardboard.

And while are at it freezing could answer this in other ways plus performance bottlenecks, though the two methods are far from equal and both are well needed features.

Perhaps your drop of water made the bucket full and something happens. I am excited to hear their answer. Please let us know what comes out of this.

🤛🏻
Heigen5 wrote:
18 Apr 2020
Hello Dear Reason Studio Guys!
Hope you're all fine there.

So as I can't be sure you have read some of my suggestions over the ReasonTalk.com
or from my founded Reasonheads.com, I decided to tell my suggestion directly via this form too.

So Basically taken... I'm suggesting you to make one more subscription type here.
This type of subscription would allow us to load any Rack Extension in the shop,
(when one wants to collab with the other Reasoner). This part was about the possibility to collab again,
Like in the Record & Reason era.

The other good thing about this idea is for those who are the sound designers.
This subscription model should let anyone to load anything in the Stock/RE wise. Crazy? No!
As I could then start to sell anything to my clients that uses various REs in my combinators as example.

--> I could have as many REs (that I own) in my combinators and everyone who subscribes to this - could load them,
no matter what REs there are INSIDE THE COMBIS.

Wait! --> Please notice that if a person x doesn't have a specific RE, he/she would only see a blank GUI and
couldn't save it's patch at all. The combi should still work for the mapped functions.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So in the nutshell:

1) People could always collab by subscribing for this subscription TYPE.

2) You would get lots and lots new subscriber clients for this one (because it allows more than one thing in once).

3) This would make the sound designers to be able to put any/multible REs they have inside their combis
and our clients to be able to always load them. They just wouldn't be able to tweak and save them.

4) You would get more income

5) Everyone would be happy - Maybe the monthly fee should be approx. 14.90€

Hope I was clear as bell in this (if I wasn't then feel free to ask).

Best Regards: Heikki Roots

All the best! ;-)
I think it would be possible and also this would open many closed doors in once too :)

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

Heigen5

20 Apr 2020

Just remember that the 'Collab Subscription' wouldn't let you create any of the REs for a new song as these wouldn't appear for the 'create' list at all. You also wouldn't be able to /save any of the REs you haven't bought. That's the difference to the ordinary subscription type. And you never would need to hassle with the RE subscription by switching between the REs anymore. Maybe the users could accept to open something with their own code, so after pressing accept, Reason would send data to the servers and the Reason Studio guys would know whom (Re devs) to pay then? Just a thought.

EDIT: Or maybe 5€ of this sunbcription fee would parallely start doing "Rent To Own" for a RE of choice?

EDIT2: Remember that for the all those for going for this kind of subscription type, could always open any Combi with any RE, which is another great thing about this. They'd just not be able to save
Last edited by Heigen5 on 20 Apr 2020, edited 5 times in total.

Heigen5

20 Apr 2020

tiker01 wrote:
19 Apr 2020
Perhaps your drop of water made the bucket full and something happens. I am excited to hear their answer. Please let us know what comes out of this.

🤛🏻
Maybe they will do it maybe not, or maybe this leads to some kind of a solution anyway..?
Anyway, I'll let you know if they happen to answer. :thumbs_up:

• Information