Configure outside of the rack

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Reminiscence

16 Apr 2020

I was thinking recently about a feature where you can create a chain of instruments and effects in the browser. For example if you want a Combinator with a Line Mixer, some reverb, delay, Europa, then you just tick a box next to the device, (including the amount you want) and then transfer to the rack. That will save time. At least also have the option to open more than one device and preset or template in the browser at a time. Simple feature request but still. I feel like it is currently inhibiting my workflow. :ugeek:

Jackjackdaw

16 Apr 2020

You could make combinator patches put them in favourites then you can drag out the pre made combis to the rack.

Baylo

16 Apr 2020

Reminiscence wrote:
16 Apr 2020
I was thinking recently about a feature where you can create a chain of instruments and effects in the browser. For example if you want a Combinator with a Line Mixer, some reverb, delay, Europa, then you just tick a box next to the device, (including the amount you want) and then transfer to the rack. That will save time. At least also have the option to open more than one device and preset or template in the browser at a time. Simple feature request but still. I feel like it is currently inhibiting my workflow. :ugeek:
How would you deal with routing of audio cables? Simple scenarios might give you what you expect to see most of the time, but anything with more than a couple of devices surely is likely to be wrong and you’d spend more time fixing it than if you’d dragged and dropped in the first place?

Loque

16 Apr 2020

The most time saver for me would to be able to click or enter tags:

"reverb shimmer -vst" gives me all my RE shimmer reverbs

"analog synth bass" gives me my fav analog-sounding synths for bass

"distortion warm " gives me my warm distortion devices

"delay saturation" gives me delays with saturation in the feedback loop

"flanger or phaser analog" gives my analog flanger or phaser devices

...and now i need a sample or an fx patch and i could type....

Some kind of auto-routing a la "create mix channels for all outputs of the selected device" or let me drag some cables away or let me scroll faster in the rack or maybe have a Combiantor in full screen which contains 3 rows of a rack. Things like this could help me much in designing my patches or creating a setup in the rack.
Reason12, Win10

• Information