Reason - should all of it's built in effects being replaced?

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
guitfnky

08 Apr 2020

Heigen5 wrote:
08 Apr 2020
guitfnky wrote:
08 Apr 2020

this is absurd. their built in effects sound just as good as any other plugins (at worst), and sound incredible (at best). anything else is user error.
No there certainly can always be bad ones, not every car is great either as example.
gotta call bullshit on that. any stock device in any DAW can sound good if the user knows what they’re doing, guaranteed.

it’s not a good analogy. in music, you’re judged by the end result (how something sounds). if you were to do the same with a car, you’d be basing it off whether or not you reached your destination. cars break down. plugin software doesn’t.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

bitley

08 Apr 2020

Abbey Road - 1969, perfect
Thriller - 1982, perfect
Minimoog - 1970, perfect
Reason - 2000, perfect

Heigen5

08 Apr 2020

A bad sounding filter is impossible then? Sorry, didn't know that yet.

aeox
Competition Winner

08 Apr 2020

Heigen5 wrote:
08 Apr 2020
Good sounds can still be made with any filters :P

Heigen5

08 Apr 2020

aeox wrote:
08 Apr 2020
Heigen5 wrote:
08 Apr 2020
At least I'm able to make shit music which partly is a cause of the tools I use.

guitfnky

08 Apr 2020

Heigen5 wrote:
08 Apr 2020
aeox wrote:
08 Apr 2020

At least I'm able to make shit music which partly is a cause of the tools I use.
no it isn’t. you need to learn to use the tools better if you’re not happy with the results. an artist can’t blame their tools for bad art.

bitley

08 Apr 2020

Strange. I didn't put in those links.

Kalm

08 Apr 2020

Aliasing and white noise, What the difference! *in my comedic voice*
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

Heigen5

08 Apr 2020

guitfnky wrote:
08 Apr 2020
Heigen5 wrote:
08 Apr 2020

no it isn’t. you need to learn to use the tools better if you’re not happy with the results. an artist can’t blame their tools for bad art.
That's might be ok in the artist perspective, but not mixing/mastering perspective. And well i didn't complain about my skills.
Last edited by Heigen5 on 08 Apr 2020, edited 2 times in total.

Heigen5

08 Apr 2020

bitley wrote:
08 Apr 2020
What links?

guitfnky

08 Apr 2020

Heigen5 wrote:
08 Apr 2020
guitfnky wrote:
08 Apr 2020

That's might be ok in the artist perspective, but not mixing/mastering perspective. And well i didn't complain about my skills.
mixing and mastering is an art form itself. besides, if you’re mixing and mastering your own songs, the distinction is sort of irrelevant.

Heigen5

08 Apr 2020

guitfnky wrote:
08 Apr 2020
Heigen5 wrote:
08 Apr 2020

mixing and mastering is an art form itself. besides, if you’re mixing and mastering your own songs, the distinction is sort of irrelevant.
So you disagree that Antidote has bigger/cleaner filters than Thor and that it doesn't matter to you either when you make your choice?

guitfnky

08 Apr 2020

Heigen5 wrote:
08 Apr 2020
guitfnky wrote:
08 Apr 2020

So you disagree that Antidote has bigger/cleaner filters than Thor and that it doesn't matter to you either when you make your choice?
sure I disagree. they have different filters. they’re different instruments. it’s like saying do you disagree that Les Pauls sound better than Stratocasters. they’re different guitars. some people will like the Strat. some people will like the LP. some people will wonder why they used either, or dislike guitars in general.

if one instrument doesn’t have what you need, use another. if one tool doesn’t do what you need, use another. it doesn’t mean the instrument isn’t good. it doesn’t mean the tool isn’t good. it just isn’t what you need.

Heigen5

08 Apr 2020

guitfnky wrote:
08 Apr 2020
Heigen5 wrote:
08 Apr 2020

sure I disagree. they have different filters. they’re different instruments. it’s like saying do you disagree that Les Pauls sound better than Stratocasters. they’re different guitars. some people will like the Strat. some people will like the LP. some people will wonder why they used either, or dislike guitars in general.

if one instrument doesn’t have what you need, use another. if one tool doesn’t do what you need, use another. it doesn’t mean the instrument isn’t good. it doesn’t mean the tool isn’t good. it just isn’t what you need.
I agree what you say, but you put me wondering why do you argue against the official first post that just suggested updating the old built in effects, as probably there's a bit truth to it, that they are not the bestest anymore, if we compare them against to some of the more recent ones in the plugin world. I would even go that far that we could make Reason modular and choose our filters for the NNXT, Thor etc. from the dropdown menu. As 3-4 years ago I did some tests and routed stuff into some REs and noticed a big improvement in soundwise. As a sound-designer I just can't route stuff into 5 different REs and sell them by thinking that lots of my clients have all the 5 ones as well. That's a shame really in the sound-designer's angle.

joeyluck

08 Apr 2020

Heigen5 wrote:
08 Apr 2020
guitfnky wrote:
08 Apr 2020

I agree what you say, but you put me wondering why do you argue against the official first post that just suggested updating the old built in effects, as probably there's a bit truth to it, that they are not the bestest anymore, if we compare them against to some of the more recent ones in the plugin world. I would even go that far that we could make Reason modular and choose our filters for the NNXT, Thor etc. from the dropdown menu. As 3-4 years ago I did some tests and routed stuff into some REs and noticed a big improvement in soundwise. As a sound-designer I just can't route stuff into 5 different REs and sell them by thinking that lots of my clients have all the 5 ones as well. That's a shame really in the sound-designer's angle.
Maybe you should explore making your own plugins instead, that have everything you want, in which you can design patches?

Heigen5

08 Apr 2020

joeyluck wrote:
08 Apr 2020
Heigen5 wrote:
08 Apr 2020

Maybe you should explore making your own plugins instead, that have everything you want, in which you can design patches?
I am not a plugin maker, if I would, I could do so indeed then. But one can always dream that "Re-Parts" modular Reason will be released at some point. Maybe in the 2033 when I'm 53 years old then, haha!

bitley

08 Apr 2020

Heigen5 wrote:
08 Apr 2020
bitley wrote:
08 Apr 2020
What links?
When I checked this thread from iOS before the words / sentences "Abbey Road" and something more, I think it was "Reason" - from my last post above - was linked to other sites. Very strange.

joeyluck

08 Apr 2020

Heigen5 wrote:
08 Apr 2020
joeyluck wrote:
08 Apr 2020

I am not a plugin maker, if I would, I could do so indeed then. But one can always dream that "Re-Parts" modular Reason will be released at some point. Maybe in the 2033 when I'm 53 years old then, haha!
Well you might have some luck with UJAM's Gorilla Engine.

Heigen5

08 Apr 2020

bitley wrote:
08 Apr 2020
Heigen5 wrote:
08 Apr 2020

What links?
When I checked this thread from iOS before the words / sentences "Abbey Road" and something more, I think it was "Reason" - from my last post above - was linked to other sites. Very strange.
Ok.

Heigen5

08 Apr 2020

joeyluck wrote:
08 Apr 2020
Heigen5 wrote:
08 Apr 2020

Is it some kind of a plugin developer kit?

Heigen5

08 Apr 2020

I googled: Yup! Dunno, might check it out, if I can be arsed enough. :puf_bigsmile:

joeyluck

08 Apr 2020

Heigen5 wrote:
08 Apr 2020
joeyluck wrote:
08 Apr 2020

It used to be referred to as the IDT. Many RE makers use it.

Heigen5

08 Apr 2020

joeyluck wrote:
08 Apr 2020
Heigen5 wrote:
08 Apr 2020

It used to be referred to as the IDT. Many RE makers use it.
Thanx for the I.N.F.O! :thumbs_up:

Creativemind

09 Apr 2020

bitley wrote:
08 Apr 2020
Abbey Road - 1969, perfect
Thriller - 1982, perfect
Minimoog - 1970, perfect
Reason - 2000, perfect
Apart from Reason not having audio (where Record was put into it) till Reason 6 (2011 / 2012 - I know 6.5 was 2012 as that was the first version I bought.) I'd argue not perfect, yet.
Last edited by Creativemind on 09 Apr 2020, edited 1 time in total.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Creativemind

09 Apr 2020

Heigen5 wrote:
08 Apr 2020
aeox wrote:
08 Apr 2020

🤣
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information