A "Combinator" only for player devices

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
bigguy1

30 Mar 2020

Actually I am working on a dance track in which I use a player chains with up to 5 players. For example I have a chain looking like this:
  1. Sequences with a pattern which is transposed by keyboard
  2. Negate (default off)
  3. Melodic Inverter (default off)
  4. Delta for bringing all notes to octave 3 and 4
  5. Scales and Chords to bring the result to my desired scale
In my song I am turning Negate and Melodic Inverter on at specific parts of the song.

It would be really useful, to save a player chain in something like a special combinator. I would suggest the following features:
  • Be a central place where I can turn on and off players in this chain, e.g. with assignable buttons
  • save and load a chain
  • it should behave like a player when inserting on other intruments
  • very nice would be some sort of conditional, filter based or probability based routing

Another thing would be an option to save the players within an instrument patch.
(Of course it is possible to put these in a combinator and save that. But this does not work, if I have more than one instrument devce in the combinator. Then I need to put the player in front of every device or make some cable work with CVPT.)

bigguy1

30 Mar 2020

:thumbs_up: Very Nice.

Where do I have to vote ;)

joeyluck

30 Mar 2020

bigguy1 wrote:
30 Mar 2020
:thumbs_up: Very Nice.

Where do I have to vote ;)
Here in this thread I guess! Haha. Looks like I hadn't created a thread for it here, I had only commented with it in a thread about adding the ability to minimize individual players...

Boombastix
Competition Winner

30 Mar 2020

Good idea, but add that little "fold" arrow to each player too. The folded player could just show a generic front plate with On/Off and Patch Browser. They probably have to make it generic, otherwise every developer would have to submit a new design. Too bad they dropped the ball on foldable players, so annoying when you wanna have one player open in a stack of 5, and your whole window is taken up by the player stack.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information