Batch scan songs for plugins used -and/or- Option to create text list of plugins when saving

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
joeyluck

26 Mar 2020

Batch scan songs for plugins used
The first request of scanning Reason songs for plugins used might be a long shot. I don't know if other DAWs have this feature. But as I'm looking at making some room on my hard drive and figuring out, "Have I actually used this plugin on a project?"

I was thinking, it would be so convenient to be able to to select a folder of Reason files and scan them for plugins used. Then I would know what I am using and not using! And then I could partake in all those polls about what I use most often lol.

Option to create text list when saving
With QLab, when I bundle a workspace to export from my computer onto a show computer, it also includes a text document listing which plugins I used. For the purpose above, something like that wouldn't be quick help for researching past projects, but it would be handy to have for future projects (and you could always go back and re-save old projects to include the list).

It's not only great for keeping track of what you use, but also when you go to collaborate. Right now my process when collaborating with Reason is to send the Reason file, then my buddy will see what VSTs and REs are missing. Sometimes he'll purchase those or use a trial if available, but most of the time, he'll get back to me to say, "Bounce these tracks." If I could send him a text document first, we can get to the bottom of it faster. And yes, I've spent time before manually making a list; scrolling through the Rack to figure out the plugins I've used. It is time consuming and I always miss some anyways.

• Information