"Hyperphonic" Combinator

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
avasopht
Competition Winner

23 Mar 2020

I propose the "hyperphonic" combinator, which processes your rack on a per oscillator basis.

This gives you polyphonic play from monophonic devices. But it would allow for much more. For a start it means you can come up with much more complex polyphonic devices powered by Reason devices and VSTs on a per channel/instance basis.

You can already do this by using Players, but you have to manually manage each note "oscillator". If I wanted to play Complex with 6-note polyphony I'd have to create 6 combinators, each with a player to turn CV to midi, and wire each of the 6 CV->MIDI players to the master MIDI->multi CV note manager (can't remember which RE's I use for this, but it works).

A poorly made sketch of this, consisting of a global device rack that operates like Combis do now, and the "hyperphonic" section that manages multiple "oscillators".

This is an easy win for Reason as it shouldn't require much work to achieve, it's just automating the process I described above.

Code: Select all

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
|+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+|
||                                                                                 ||
||                             The programmer                                      ||
||                                                                                 ||
|+---------------------------------------------------------------------------------+|
||              Global device rack (basically how combinator is  now)              ||
||                                "Hyperphonic" section                            ||
||+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+||
|||                                                             +----------------+|||
|||                                                             |Polyphony [0-32]||||
|||                                                             +----------------+|||
|||                                                             |Spread [0-100%] ||||
||+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+||
|||                                                                               |||
|||                            *Devices for hyperphonic*                          |||
|||                                                                               |||
+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

• Information