Input Gain in the Rack and Sequencer

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Mike B

18 Feb 2020

I've watched this tutorial about Gain Staging, and it seems that the "Input Gain" at the top of the mix channel, in the Mixer section, is the most important gain knob to gain stage properly for good mixes.

If that's the case, then It'd be helpful to have the "Input Gain" shown in the Mix Channel Rack instead of only the "Level" fader. It makes mixing on the go way more faster. It'd be also nice to have that "Input Gain" knob in the sequencer.

aeox
Competition Winner

18 Feb 2020

I don't remember which thread it was, but I mentioned the same thing. We need input gain knob on the mixer channel in the rack!

Yonatan

18 Feb 2020

Good point! :) And as it takes less space in sequencer, they could skip fader and have gain knob and pan knob there. Imagine how lovely to be able to be in sequencer window and gainstage as a first thing, very handy and as it in that way often is good to have the volume fader at zero, a gain knob would do the work.

Loque

18 Feb 2020

Without metering this knob is quite useless to me, except i want to use only my ears.

I prefere a RE in the rack for such tasks and in 90% of all cases i use gain staging for insert fx in the rack.
Reason12, Win10

PhillipOrdonez

18 Feb 2020

I want a knob in the sequencer. Be it gain or fader, don't care (fader would be best for me), but give me a knob, damnit 😂

orthodox
RE Developer

18 Feb 2020

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
18 Feb 2020
I want a knob in the sequencer. Be it gain or fader, don't care (fader would be best for me), but give me a knob, damnit 😂
To which moment on the timeline would that fader relate?

There are faders there by the way. Open an automation lane for editing and you'll see the 'static value' fader.

PhillipOrdonez

18 Feb 2020

orthodox wrote:
18 Feb 2020
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
18 Feb 2020
To which moment on the timeline would that fader relate?

There are faders there by the way. Open an automation lane for editing and you'll see the 'static value' fader.
I want a fader always there for each channel without having to open an automation lane. I don't want to automate the fader either!

Kalm

18 Feb 2020

A Gain knob on the rack mixer would be lovely. I currently just start at the source and then implement a SSL EQ as the first plugin in my rack series to gain stage. I don't move faders.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

guitfnky

18 Feb 2020

yes, please. also, +1 to adding level and pan features to the tracks in the sequencer. also, I’d love if they’d add the pan width in both places.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

orthodox
RE Developer

18 Feb 2020

-1 from me. Let's not congest the sequencer with things it has nothing to do with.

• Information