Update on RE change logs

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
gullum

14 Jan 2020

It seems as Reason Studio is one of the very few if not only developer in the shop that does not have change logs for their RE's in the shop and it annoys the shit out of me.
So my request to Reason Studio is to inform on what is changed in updated versions

orthodox
RE Developer

14 Jan 2020

gullum

14 Jan 2020

orthodox wrote:
14 Jan 2020
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... on/parsec/

Is this not a change log?
there is an update for Umpf Retro Beats today with no Change log . and for most time when only bug fix there is no info what so ever only changed version nr.

guitfnky

14 Jan 2020

I think it's up to the developer to update the shop with any version changes. not sure how that's Reason Studios' problem (other than the obvious one in this particular case, since they're the developer).

it's probably fairly safe to assume if they're not calling out the changes, it's going to be something that's incredibly minor, like squashing a super-rare bug, or fixing a labeling typo or something. if it was something noteworthy, they'd note it. and there are reasons why they may not want to add a changelog for each minor update; if they required the addition of a changelog to the page every single time something changed, no matter how minor, any dev who makes several changes would start to see their shop page filling up with change information. and say there are a few bugs in there along the way...after they squash them in the course of several updates, they're going to have a shop page devoted to telling you how many bugs the RE had. not exactly great marketing.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information