What I'd like Reason to have -

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
JumpFX

22 Dec 2019

1 - Region MIDI file export. The ability to select a single region, or several, and have the ability to export the MIDI. Sometimes I like to keep a copy of MIDI stuff before I bounce to audio. At the moment I have to keep a version of the Reason Song File with all MIDI in it, which I'd rather not do. I don't want to always have to export the entire song or block as MIDI.

2 - Hide empty tracks. I mean TOTALLY hide them, not collapse as you can do now. Handy for when you move from one Block to another. I would like to hide the tracks which I won't be using in that Block. Gives more room on the screen, especially when working on a laptop.

3 - MP3 export. I'm fed up having to import a bounced song into Logic Pro or Cubase just to do an MP3 export

4 - Mixer channels to move when tracks are moved. At the moment, if you re-order tracks, you then have to move the mixer channels as well. I'd like everything to be in sync. Including in the Rack view as well.

5 - Browser still has issues.

6 - Track freeze/unfreeze. Which unloads the VST/RE to save CPU, but will reload it when the track is unfrozen.

7 - Show only the notes being used. I know you can see what notes are being used on the piano roll as they get highlighted, but I'd like ONLY the notes which are being used to be shown.

8 Block versions - the ability to have say 6 different versions of a block.

That's about it - for now :-)

Rising Night Wave

22 Dec 2019

I would like Propellerhead Reason 10 had autosave file function. I do not know how is with that with Reason Studios 11.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Oquasec

23 Dec 2019

Track folders, wait for midi, color changer, thicker grid lines.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Creativemind

08 Jan 2020

JumpFX wrote:
22 Dec 2019
7 - Show only the notes being used. I know you can see what notes are being used on the piano roll as they get highlighted, but I'd like ONLY the notes which are being used to be shown.
Not quite following 7, explain, do you mean the incoming midi notes via your midi controller? +1 to this if you do. Like a shading across the row corresponding to your midi controller key depression.

My most wanted features are:-

Undo History
Cloned / Linked / Mimic'd Clips
Track Folders
Time Markers
Consolidate / Merge Clips in the Bounce in Place
Mono options for the Bounce and Bounce in Place sections
More Themes and Themes Affect the Mixer option
Midi Chase
Arrows Vacant on Midi Notes Until you need to lengthen or shorten midi notes
Join Notes in the Midi Editor (Even if there's a bar sized gap / space between notes if they're both highlighted)
Note Displays (Would help you learn what notes make up chords etc)
Sync both the Browsers and Windows (Order, Colouring, Labelling, Solo'ing and Muting in all 3 windows)
Auditioning Audio Clips with the Speaker Tool in Sequencer
Keyboard Shortcut to Select All Clips on a Track
Be able to see where the transients are (as in a time display) in Slice Edit when hovering the mouse over the transient marker
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Yonatan

08 Jan 2020

Melda Producrion has an Notepad included as a part of their free plugin bundle.

www.meldaproduction.com

joeyluck

08 Jan 2020

4 - Are you aware of the 'Sort Selected Device Groups' option?

Whichever window you make a change, for instance if you make a change in the order of channels in the Mixer, while in the Mixer, select all channels, and then right-click (or via the Edit menu), choose 'Sort Selected Device Groups.'

But would be nice if there was a Preference to have the sorting done automatically.

For me personally though, when it comes to bus channels, I find I prefer all my buses to the far right side of the Mixer (near the Master), or just to the right of the channels grouped to that bus.

But in the Rack I prefer those bus channels at the top of the Rack or top of each group of channels, which is the opposite of my organization in the Mixer (it would place them on the left rather than the right)... Now if there were sub-options to an auto-sort feature (such as choosing which device groups are affected like "affect regular channels when auto-sorting, but not buses") that could be helpful. Or any other rules that users might find helpful.

Proboscis

09 Jan 2020

Creativemind wrote:
08 Jan 2020
Note Displays (Would help you learn what notes make up chords etc)
That would be very helpful. Something like this, which you could turn on/off as desired.

>
note_labels.png
note_labels.png (5.19 KiB) Viewed 7723 times

Proboscis

09 Jan 2020

Creativemind wrote:
08 Jan 2020
Undo History
Yes PLEASE ! Would be nice to have it on the right-side pull out panel where the pointless 'Tuturials' currently resides, and to mute an action selectively, while preserving any changes that came afterwards.

>
history.png
history.png (11.79 KiB) Viewed 7715 times

Proboscis

09 Jan 2020

Creativemind wrote:
08 Jan 2020
Not sure if you're aware of this, but if you select the first clip, then hold shift and select the last clip, it will select everything in between the two. This is a common command with other software (not related to music). It would save having to 'drag to select', which too often results in accidentally picking up clips for instruments above & below.

But yes, it would be nice to hit shift and mouse click on the left side panel (where it says 'lane 1' as default tag) to select all clips in a track.

chaosroyale

09 Jan 2020

I'd like Reason to start being used by the developers so they understand how clunky and frustrating it is to work with, and decide to actually fix it.

I honestly don't care if they start with the browser, or an undo history, or the combinator, or text input, or an easier to read sequencer roll. Anything that shows they actually care about the user experience.

aeox
Competition Winner

09 Jan 2020

chaosroyale wrote:
09 Jan 2020
I'd like Reason to start being used by the developers so they understand how clunky and frustrating it is to work with, and decide to actually fix it.

I honestly don't care if they start with the browser, or an undo history, or the combinator, or text input, or an easier to read sequencer roll. Anything that shows they actually care about the user experience.
It is used by the developers :P

edit: i mean they make it and use it to test it, but other people test and give feedback i'm guessing.

They should listen to the community and a lot of the requests on here are excellent.
Last edited by aeox on 09 Jan 2020, edited 2 times in total.

Proboscis

09 Jan 2020

chaosroyale wrote:
09 Jan 2020
I am convinced that nobody there in the design or implementation team uses Reason very much at all.

While I'm loading this thread with mock-ups.. here's one I posted in a thread a while ago. An automation curve library ! Who knows, this thread might be the one they take action on :lol:

>
get_curves.png
get_curves.png (104.51 KiB) Viewed 7683 times

Oquasec

09 Jan 2020

The propellerhead devs made cubase and rewire, so I understand why they actually didn't really implement stuff till later.
Cuz most of us didn't realize they made a daw with a vst bridge 28 years ago before reason
Producer/Programmer.

chaosroyale

09 Jan 2020

Yeah- I mean they should be forced to make a song on a deadline using a combinator with 12 VST devices and waste half an hour jiggling the mouse up and down to set all the parameters, because you cannot simply type in any of the numbers. Can you tell I'm bitter?
aeox wrote:
09 Jan 2020
chaosroyale wrote:
09 Jan 2020

It is used by the developers :P

edit: i mean they make it and use it to test it, but other people test and give feedback i'm guessing.

They should listen to the community and a lot of the requests on here are excellent.

Creativemind

27 Jan 2020

Proboscis wrote:
09 Jan 2020
Creativemind wrote:
08 Jan 2020
Not sure if you're aware of this, but if you select the first clip, then hold shift and select the last clip, it will select everything in between the two. This is a common command with other software (not related to music). It would save having to 'drag to select', which too often results in accidentally picking up clips for instruments above & below.

But yes, it would be nice to hit shift and mouse click on the left side panel (where it says 'lane 1' as default tag) to select all clips in a track.
That's not quite what I meant. I meant click a track to select it then hit a key command to have it automatically select all the clips on that track. No dragging involved. Then you could move all the clips on that track or delete them all in one fell swoop.

No I didn't know about your click first clip shift method but will keep it in mind. Even that involves zooming or scrolling if clips go off screen which is what I wanted my shortcut idea to avoid. Better than nothing though I suppose.

Creativemind

27 Jan 2020

Proboscis wrote:
09 Jan 2020
Creativemind wrote:
08 Jan 2020
Undo History
Yes PLEASE ! Would be nice to have it on the right-side pull out panel where the pointless 'Tuturials' currently resides, and to mute an action selectively, while preserving any changes that came afterwards.

>
history.png
Yeah that's ace. I'd like it to be like it is in Logic personally. In Logic the undo history is split into areas:- sequencer, mixer and possibly instruments dunno, I don't have it, just saw it. In Reason it could be - Rack, Sequencer, Main Mixer.

Creativemind

27 Jan 2020

Oquasec wrote:
23 Dec 2019
What's "wait for midi"? starts playing or recording as soon as you hit a key on your midi controller?

BRIGGS

27 Jan 2020

Like those hollow books people keep their gold in....

I'd like Reason to have a crypto wallet rack extension. Because, who is going to look in Reason for your money?

But, I already have a ledger nano s, so I don't 'need' it.
r11s

Oquasec

27 Jan 2020

Creativemind wrote:
27 Jan 2020
Oquasec wrote:
23 Dec 2019
What's "wait for midi"? starts playing or recording as soon as you hit a key on your midi controller?
Yeah I ADORE that feature. the industry standard daws had that thing forever man.
Producer/Programmer.

Creativemind

28 Jan 2020

Oquasec wrote:
27 Jan 2020
Creativemind wrote:
27 Jan 2020

Yeah I ADORE that feature. the industry standard daws had that thing forever man.
Yeah I remember Selig mentioning it a couple of years ago. Think he said Cubase had it in the 90's lol!

guitfnky

28 Jan 2020

there are too many industry standard features that Reason should implement to list. auto punch-in/out, MARKERS (for god’s sake...MARKERS), track folders, 4k support, track/global notepads, record during pre-count (so if your first note starts a bit early, you can drag the start of the clip left so it’s not cut off), VST MIDI out to the Reason sequencer...yadda yadda...
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Creativemind

28 Jan 2020

Proboscis wrote:
09 Jan 2020
chaosroyale wrote:
09 Jan 2020
I am convinced that nobody there in the design or implementation team uses Reason very much at all.

While I'm loading this thread with mock-ups.. here's one I posted in a thread a while ago. An automation curve library ! Who knows, this thread might be the one they take action on :lol:

>
get_curves.png
Even when they implement stuff it's the most basic implementation they can add. The browser is still missing some key features (I have 5) and the recently added automation curves and crossfades. Basic. Crossfades have only horizontal adjustment and no verticle and both the crossfades and automation have 1 curve. Most daw's these days have at least 5 curve types.

Oquasec

28 Jan 2020

I'm cutting props slack cuz the utilities section covers an insane amount of tasks.
But there are things missing other daws have.
Producer/Programmer.

Busta US

29 Jan 2020

There is no harm for me to repeat myself in another thread :D

What I'd like to have:

- A Brush tool
- A faster way to insert/delete notes in the sequencer, a similar workflow to FL Studio, where adding/deleting notes in the sequencer is only 1 click without the need of shifting between editing tools (pen, eraser, etc..)

Re8et
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2020

A modular sping reverb

• Information