Reason 11 VST midi splitting

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
scratchnsnifff

05 Nov 2019

I was just reading on KVR that it would be a good idea to let one instance of the reason rack be able to receive multiple MIDI inputs (I'm butchering what this feature is called)

but basically for the 16 stereo outputs. you should be able to split your keyboard to be able to play each output in separate midi lanes.

this would be useful to be able to save a lot of CPU.

now im wondering if i use 16 separate combinators, can i split the midi keyboard that way? i feel like that's possible, maybe im just going about this the wrong way.

also, it would be cool to see propellerhead make a drawable LFO tool, that modulates at audio rate.

to be able to have AM/FM out of anything. is this possible? been playing with phase plant and VK2 synthesizer a lot lately, and im loving the sound of audio rate AM.

been thinking im going to try making some noise/saw/square waveform sweepers, with a long 8 bar FM/AM/RM buildup or something :D
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Bobupstairs

11 Nov 2019

"one instance of the reason rack be able to receive multiple MIDI inputs"

Yes. I just upgraded Reason 8 to 11 for the Reason Rack (Rewire interface is a little clumsy and I've only ever used the synths - never the sequencer or anything else). I was quite surprised that the rack plug-in didn't look at midi channels. I use UVI player and Kontakt player which do.

"Industry Standards"?

Bobupstairs

12 Nov 2019

"multiple MIDI inputs" - in the hardware days it was 'multi-timbral'.

• Information