R11 mp3 export

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Oquasec

12 Sep 2019

I feel like if you want some of these features you will just need to find a better tool for the job.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

zoidkirb

12 Sep 2019

Oquasec wrote:
12 Sep 2019
I feel like if you want some of these features you will just need to find a better tool for the job.
A better tool yes. such as cubase, live, fl studio, studio one etc.

jlgrimes

20 Nov 2019

I agree, mp3 export would be nice.

Lossless compression is great and I enjoy listening to some of my favorite songs in FLAC or ALAC when I'm driving. The quality is amazing and is great listening to 24 bit files to really study the mixes.

I started my thing of sending my clients ALAC or FLAC files. I quickly got calls back.

"Hey how do I play this?"

"Use Itunes"

"But I have a Droid"

"Download VLC. It plays everything"

"Can you just send me an mp3 file?"

(Sending them the mp3 file)

Biggest issue with lossless files is that very few apps supports them. iTunes supports ALAC but not FLAC and very few DAWS export ALAC. Most do FLAC but that requires a media player such as VLC that many people refuse to download. Most clients just want to hear their songs or forward it to someone else who might be fairly computer illiterate.

It is a convenience issue. What's the point in having to export a Wave file (that you wont listen to) to import into another program to create a mp3 file.

pushedbutton

21 Nov 2019

It seems there are two camps on this. 'The Purists' and 'The Realists'.
Personally I actually use Reason for work and I don't have time to be a purist.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

Safe Radiation

29 Dec 2019

The 3D drawing community had these same issue's 20 years ago. And now most if not all 3D drawing programs of any worth import and export a vast variety of file format’s

So why not do the same in the sound community, Interchangeable files are the way to go if Sounds want to evolve.
Give us a wider range of Export import formats. The limited 2 in Reason are laughable, and to be honest are holding Reason back to the 1980’s….

• Information