Reason 12 Wishlist

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
User avatar
Rising Night Wave
Posts: 234
Joined: 03 Sep 2019
Location: Vransko, Slovenia

Post 17 Jun 2020

is it known yet when will be reason studios 12 released?
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix GL753VD | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Win10Home64 | Propellerhead Reason 10

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 2696
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 17 Jun 2020

they just released 11 in what, September? they’re not going to release a version 12 for at least another year, I’d suspect, and they don’t announce it until a month before release, usually.

User avatar
Rising Night Wave
Posts: 234
Joined: 03 Sep 2019
Location: Vransko, Slovenia

Post 17 Jun 2020

aha. aha, aha. i totally forgot when 11 was released. hehe. my bad. sorry.
my next reason purchase will be reason studios 12 (suite, if it will be in that mode).
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix GL753VD | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Win10Home64 | Propellerhead Reason 10

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 2696
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 17 Jun 2020

Rising Night Wave wrote:
17 Jun 2020
aha. aha, aha. i totally forgot when 11 was released. hehe. my bad. sorry.
my next reason purchase will be reason studios 12 (suite, if it will be in that mode).
I imagine they’ll have to have a Suite version going forward. otherwise if you went from Reason 10 to Reason 12, you wouldn’t be able to get all the v11 Suite devices without having to buy v11 Suite before upgrading to 12 (unless you were to buy them separately, of course).

but that does raise another question...assuming there is a v12 Suite, will the upgrade price from 11 Suite be less than the upgrade price from 11 Standard? I should hope so, but their recent questionable pricing structures don’t instill a lot of confidence.

User avatar
Rising Night Wave
Posts: 234
Joined: 03 Sep 2019
Location: Vransko, Slovenia

Post 17 Jun 2020

guitfnky wrote:
17 Jun 2020
Rising Night Wave wrote:
17 Jun 2020
aha. aha, aha. i totally forgot when 11 was released. hehe. my bad. sorry.
my next reason purchase will be reason studios 12 (suite, if it will be in that mode).
I imagine they’ll have to have a Suite version going forward. otherwise if you went from Reason 10 to Reason 12, you wouldn’t be able to get all the v11 Suite devices without having to buy v11 Suite before upgrading to 12 (unless you were to buy them separately, of course).

but that does raise another question...assuming there is a v12 Suite, will the upgrade price from 11 Suite be less than the upgrade price from 11 Standard? I should hope so, but their recent questionable pricing structures don’t instill a lot of confidence.
are you sure about that? because if it will be like that as you said then this is a total WTF!
i am sure if i will buy reason studios 12 suite upgrade i will get all devices.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix GL753VD | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Win10Home64 | Propellerhead Reason 10

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 2696
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 17 Jun 2020

Rising Night Wave wrote:
17 Jun 2020
guitfnky wrote:
17 Jun 2020


I imagine they’ll have to have a Suite version going forward. otherwise if you went from Reason 10 to Reason 12, you wouldn’t be able to get all the v11 Suite devices without having to buy v11 Suite before upgrading to 12 (unless you were to buy them separately, of course).

but that does raise another question...assuming there is a v12 Suite, will the upgrade price from 11 Suite be less than the upgrade price from 11 Standard? I should hope so, but their recent questionable pricing structures don’t instill a lot of confidence.
are you sure about that? because if it will be like that as you said then this is a total WTF!
i am sure if i will buy reason studios 12 suite upgrade i will get all devices.
I’m sure that’s why they will offer a Suite version for v12.

User avatar
DavidGray
Posts: 3
Joined: 25 Oct 2016

Post 17 Jun 2020

guitfnky wrote:
17 Jun 2020
they just released 11 in what, September? they’re not going to release a version 12 for at least another year, I’d suspect, and they don’t announce it until a month before release, usually.
You are wrong here.
1. Usually, the announcement will take place a month and a half before the release.
2. Reason 9 was released in June 2016, and reason 10 was released on October 25, 2017. Apparently, the difference between the versions is 16 months.
Of course, the difference between reason 10 and 11 is already 23 months. But if you look at the number of minor updates, then in version 10 there were 4, and in version 11 it was already 3 ... Relatively recently.
Version 11.4 is expected to be in August-September.
And if you calculate the difference with Reason 10.4 (May 23, 2019) before the announcement of Reason 11 (August 26, 2019) - three months.
So you can completely allow Reason 12 version of November-December. Perhaps also the first quarter of 2021.

User avatar
guitfnky
Posts: 2696
Joined: 19 Jan 2015

Post 17 Jun 2020

DavidGray wrote:
17 Jun 2020
guitfnky wrote:
17 Jun 2020
they just released 11 in what, September? they’re not going to release a version 12 for at least another year, I’d suspect, and they don’t announce it until a month before release, usually.
You are wrong here.
1. Usually, the announcement will take place a month and a half before the release.
2. Reason 9 was released in June 2016, and reason 10 was released on October 25, 2017. Apparently, the difference between the versions is 16 months.
Of course, the difference between reason 10 and 11 is already 23 months. But if you look at the number of minor updates, then in version 10 there were 4, and in version 11 it was already 3 ... Relatively recently.
Version 11.4 is expected to be in August-September.
And if you calculate the difference with Reason 10.4 (May 23, 2019) before the announcement of Reason 11 (August 26, 2019) - three months.
So you can completely allow Reason 12 version of November-December. Perhaps also the first quarter of 2021.
of course I *could* be wrong. I didn’t say anything definitive—I rarely deal in absolutes.

Reason 12 before this time next year, though? I wouldn’t bet on it. it’s easy to manipulate “expected” timeframes by cherry picking numbers.

either way, I’d love to be wrong. the sooner, the better, as long as it’s a good update.

as for the month and a half lead time, vs a month, yes it’s changed over the years, but the last 3 releases have all been consistently announced about 30 days in advance.

User avatar
Boombastix
Posts: 1860
Joined: 18 May 2018
Location: Bay Area, CA

Post 18 Jun 2020

I would be surprised if there is no v12 in timme for Christmas. The amount of sales they do in May and during Christmas is likely staggering compared to the rest of the year. So the investors would not let that slip...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

ltbrunt00
Posts: 465
Joined: 10 Jan 2017

Post 30 Jun 2020

I understand there is a global pandemic and many product development projects are going to be slow but I suspect Reason Studios next update will be probably huge. I don't think we need any new instruments and effects from Reason Studios. Other than upgrading the underlying tech I think they need to start getting closer to the feature sets found in Cubase, Moto, Logic. Just a thought.

It would be nice if they would give us a presentation of their future road map. This could be things coming 2 to 4 years down the road. Where I work vendors are always giving us presentations of their future upgrades and app version releases. Many times this gets up to not look elsewhere to replace their applications knowing feature we deem useful are right around the corner.
Reason, Cubase, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

User avatar
zoidkirb
Posts: 399
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post 30 Jun 2020

Not an original idea at all, but the more I use vst's in the rack, I crave to have the option to have the vst displayed as part of the rack, and not just the pop out window.
It breaks Reasons unique workflow having to flip between the rack and a bunch of vst windows. Lots of vst already look similar size/proportions already (eg Soundtoys) and could bee made to fit in with a little bit of stretching or by leaving a little bit of black space.
With whatever is planned with the HD update might facilitate this.
This I think would further justify letting vst's into the RRP too.
Last edited by zoidkirb on 30 Jun 2020, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TheDragonborg
Posts: 253
Joined: 10 Feb 2020

Post 30 Jun 2020

Multitrack MIDI support for VSTs and VST3 is what would get me to upgrade...

Also multiple hardware MIDI inputs please!

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 3704
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 14 Jul 2020

guitfnky wrote:
17 Jun 2020
I imagine they’ll have to have a Suite version going forward. otherwise if you went from Reason 10 to Reason 12, you wouldn’t be able to get all the v11 Suite devices without having to buy v11 Suite before upgrading to 12 (unless you were to buy them separately, of course).

but that does raise another question...assuming there is a v12 Suite, will the upgrade price from 11 Suite be less than the upgrade price from 11 Standard? I should hope so, but their recent questionable pricing structures don’t instill a lot of confidence.
It would make logical sense to make going from 11 Suite to 12 Suite cheaper than 11 standard to 12 Suite but you never know with Reason Studios / Propellerhead lol!
:reason:

Propellerhead Reason 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.17 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Pro Tools First / Steinberg Cubase LE 5
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Mike B
Posts: 55
Joined: 28 Sep 2019

Post 15 Jul 2020

owlymane wrote:
26 Aug 2019
I - - Overall GUI Update:
1. Improve Browser (Sample preview player, better and flexible browser management, copy, rename, multi-select)
2. Scalable HQ Rack
3. Improved Mixer GUI & Mixer Themes
4. Text Input for Values (Be able to write down the values for the devices)
5. Sequencer GUI update (including the piano roll, bottom play/stop/tempo etc...bar, and also those midi boxes)
6. Update old instruments including the NNXT-rex...c'mon...
7. Be able to see Rack/Mixer/Sequencer side-by-side besides one on top of the other. We can see shit better! (No need to double-click on the bar to open sections, one click on the bar is enough to switch views)

II - - Sequencer
1. Upgrade and Improve Midi Editing tools (don't make us add a note/notes in a mode and remove a note/notes in another mode, c'mon, we need workflow, speed. FL Studio left click=add/ right-click= remove note, get inspired!)
2. Improve Audio sample manipulation and Time Warp/Sync, Tempo Detection
3. Drag/Drop Audio Samples directly from browser to the device in the sequencer
4. Make it possible to edit several midi boxes at the same time.
5. More Audio and Midi Tools (don't make me list them, they're all over the place and other DAWs)
6. Track Folders and better channel organization
7. Display a tracker that shows whether the sequencer is in "Follow Song" Mode or not

III - Rack
1. Improve Rack Cabling:
A. Make it faster as you scroll for the love of GOD! It's hell when you have a huge stack of instruments. I'm using Windows. Maybe MAC users don't face this issue.
B. Make a way to better locate where the device we want to cable to, is located (coloring system from device A to device B, perhaps by selecting both of them, then flipping the rack)

IV - Key commands
1. Never enough of them, give us more.
2. Play keys and beats on laptop keyboard. Plays what's selected in the sequencer channel, or what's selected in the rack, instantly
3. Give us better key commands for editing tools. Something faster than the pencil, eraser tools etc...
4. Custom Key commands for Windows Please? Also Trackpad zoom and Side-Scroll on Windows? Please?

V - VST3 and more audio format compatibility
1. Export to mp3/to soundcloud like Studio One
2. Accept FLAC format as audio samples and other audio formats
3. VST3

VI - Live
1. Play live in Reason
2. Make a Reason Hardware Controller that is able to fluidly and efficiently control everything inside Reason, without even looking at Reason.

VII - Video Editing
I really hope Reason 11.3 will be the GUI update, and R12 will be the sequencer update.

A GUI update is not enough for me to put my money on the next release.

jwd606
Posts: 69
Joined: 19 Sep 2017

Post 16 Jul 2020

With the sequencer falling well behind the major DAWs, I wouldn't be shocked if they slightly updated the current sequencer and simultaneously introduced a brand new stand-alone sequencer. This would be possible with the RRP, and would follow the path of Record being available alongside the original Reason mixer.

User avatar
nooomy
Posts: 464
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 18 Jul 2020

jwd606 wrote:
16 Jul 2020
With the sequencer falling well behind the major DAWs, I wouldn't be shocked if they slightly updated the current sequencer and simultaneously introduced a brand new stand-alone sequencer. This would be possible with the RRP, and would follow the path of Record being available alongside the original Reason mixer.
Exactly what is it that you want updated with the sequencer? For me the reason sequencer is superior to ableton and FLstudio.

On topic: I would like to have midi out from VSTs

Mike B
Posts: 55
Joined: 28 Sep 2019

Post 20 Jul 2020

nooomy wrote:
18 Jul 2020
For me the reason sequencer is superior to ableton and FLstudio.
uhm.......what ?

FL Studio's piano roll is very rich in functionalities that I wish Reason has:

1. Piano Roll can give you scales and chords (yes the scales and chords are showed in the piano roll instead of an exterior rack extension like in Reason)
2. You can arpegiate, strum, flam, flip and randomize notes
3. You can slide and portamento a specific note (both ableton and fl studio have that option, Reason and Studio One can't) - This has become today a fundamental technique in Trap and UK drill
4. You can color notes - helpful when setting different parameters for different notes
5. You can control more than just velocity - pan, filter (cutoff and resonance) and pitch
6. You can apply LFO, inside the piano roll, for the above-mentioned controls
7. You can see ghost notes and a shortcut to switch between the instruments within the piano roll
8. You have plenty of shortcuts and key commands to help you speed up your workflow when it comes to editing
9. You have more creative tools for the automation, you can have pulse, wave and plenty other options for your automation curves
10. You can activate/deactivate typing keyboard (for editing tools shortcuts) to piano keyboard (keyboard playing piano)

User avatar
Chomsky
Posts: 7
Joined: 22 Aug 2020
Location: Illinois

Post 22 Aug 2020

owlymane wrote:
26 Aug 2019
I - - Overall GUI Update:
1. Improve Browser (Sample preview player, better and flexible browser management, copy, rename, multi-select)
2. Scalable HQ Rack
3. Improved Mixer GUI & Mixer Themes
4. Text Input for Values (Be able to write down the values for the devices)
5. Sequencer GUI update (including the piano roll, bottom play/stop/tempo etc...bar, and also those midi boxes)
6. Update old instruments including the NNXT-rex...c'mon...
7. Be able to see Rack/Mixer/Sequencer side-by-side besides one on top of the other. We can see shit better! (No need to double-click on the bar to open sections, one click on the bar is enough to switch views)

II - - Sequencer
1. Upgrade and Improve Midi Editing tools (don't make us add a note/notes in a mode and remove a note/notes in another mode, c'mon, we need workflow, speed. FL Studio left click=add/ right-click= remove note, get inspired!)
2. Improve Audio sample manipulation and Time Warp/Sync, Tempo Detection
3. Drag/Drop Audio Samples directly from browser to the device in the sequencer
4. Make it possible to edit several midi boxes at the same time.
5. More Audio and Midi Tools (don't make me list them, they're all over the place and other DAWs)
6. Track Folders and better channel organization
7. Display a tracker that shows whether the sequencer is in "Follow Song" Mode or not

III - Rack
1. Improve Rack Cabling:
A. Make it faster as you scroll for the love of GOD! It's hell when you have a huge stack of instruments. I'm using Windows. Maybe MAC users don't face this issue.
B. Make a way to better locate where the device we want to cable to, is located (coloring system from device A to device B, perhaps by selecting both of them, then flipping the rack)

IV - Key commands
1. Never enough of them, give us more.
2. Play keys and beats on laptop keyboard. Plays what's selected in the sequencer channel, or what's selected in the rack, instantly
3. Give us better key commands for editing tools. Something faster than the pencil, eraser tools etc...
4. Custom Key commands for Windows Please? Also Trackpad zoom and Side-Scroll on Windows? Please?

V - VST3 and more audio format compatibility
1. Export to mp3/to soundcloud like Studio One
2. Accept FLAC format as audio samples and other audio formats
3. VST3

VI - Live
1. Play live in Reason
2. Make a Reason Hardware Controller that is able to fluidly and efficiently control everything inside Reason, without even looking at Reason.

VII - Video Editing
I love this list. I would also like to add that the Players -- specifically the Drum Sequencer and Scales & Chords players -- need to have features added like a randomization feature for the various Chord functions like Inversions and Add Oct Up/Down & Color.
Also would like to see a Voicing feature added to Chords where the Voicing automatically shifts to allow for the shortest voicing jump between chords.
Also-- can we get individual note divisions per lane in the Drum Sequencer? Like each lane can either be 1/16T or 1/32 or 1/8T allowing for more creativity and flexible pattern creation.
As a Cubase user, nothing compares to their MIDI editing. Maybe S1 or FL but between those three daws, Reason is lacking and LAGGING waaaayyy behind in the MIDI editing, routing and implementation department.
I have a couple VST's like Chord Prism and Scaler that I would love to be able to use on Reason instruments but can't due to the lack of MIDI routing.
And this brings me to the GUI-- it desperately needs an HD/scalable/zoom feature overhaul. It's embarrassing how often I have to squint and get close to my screen to see things on the UI. And I don't mean change the look of everything, I mean just make it scalable and READABLE and HiDef.
RIG
Windows 10 Home 64Bit
i-5 9600k OC'd 4.6Ghz across all cores
16GB Dual Channel DDR4 Ram
RTX 2060 OC'd
500GB M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus

:reason: Suite 11.3.2 | Cubase Pro 9.5.5/10.5.2 | Live 10.1.7
NI KK A25 | Panorama P4 | Push 2

User avatar
Chomsky
Posts: 7
Joined: 22 Aug 2020
Location: Illinois

Post 24 Aug 2020

zoidkirb wrote:
26 Aug 2019
A fine list . I predict HD/GUI update now will be most users and also Reason Studios top priority now.
Probably track folders might make it into a point upgrade hopefully.
Midi out of players in the new rack vst and midi out of vst's in Reason DAW I think will be also highly requested and plausible for RS to implement in the next few years.
GUI update and MIDI routing/editing implementation is truly the top 2 things that would make Reason a more complete DAW. It's the 2 things I YEARN for.
RIG
Windows 10 Home 64Bit
i-5 9600k OC'd 4.6Ghz across all cores
16GB Dual Channel DDR4 Ram
RTX 2060 OC'd
500GB M.2 Samsung 970 EVO Plus

:reason: Suite 11.3.2 | Cubase Pro 9.5.5/10.5.2 | Live 10.1.7
NI KK A25 | Panorama P4 | Push 2

User avatar
zoidkirb
Posts: 399
Joined: 18 Nov 2018
Location: Brisbane Australia

Post 24 Aug 2020

Chomsky wrote:
24 Aug 2020
zoidkirb wrote:
26 Aug 2019
A fine list . I predict HD/GUI update now will be most users and also Reason Studios top priority now.
Probably track folders might make it into a point upgrade hopefully.
GUI update and MIDI routing/editing implementation is truly the top 2 things that would make Reason a more complete DAW. It's the 2 things I YEARN for.
Yep, these two things will get Reason back to a minimum standard for a DAW.
After that they can increment out the rack/sequencer/mixer updates for the veteran users and add in some big flashy synth/fx/player devices to draw in the new users and I i think at that point 90% of users will be happy.

jjrh
Posts: 17
Joined: 19 May 2019

Post 30 Oct 2020

Honestly just give me something that makes organising a project easier.

Songs just end up with way too many tracks, midi, and rack devices so finding what you want becomes a massive pain and I wonder if adding that build up effect or experimenting with a new part is worth the x number of new midi tracks cluttering up the sequencer and rack.

Just a toggle option in the sequencer block view to hide all tracks and rack devices with no sequencer data would go a long way.

At this point lack of organisation options is the number one thing that is pushing me to switch to another DAW. Now that reason can act as a VST device maybe that's the solution.

----

Other than that,

It would be great to get a upgraded combinator device with more knobs, buttons, faders, rotary selectors that snap to position, cv io, audio io and easier editing. It would also be handy to have a way of saving knob / button positions so you could create sorta 'patches'.

While there are rack extensions that mostly do it, having some built in CV logic utilities and a tool to view the CV signal on a cable without a dedicated device would also be great.

jjrh
Posts: 17
Joined: 19 May 2019

Post 30 Oct 2020

nooomy wrote:
18 Jul 2020
jwd606 wrote:
16 Jul 2020
With the sequencer falling well behind the major DAWs, I wouldn't be shocked if they slightly updated the current sequencer and simultaneously introduced a brand new stand-alone sequencer. This would be possible with the RRP, and would follow the path of Record being available alongside the original Reason mixer.
Exactly what is it that you want updated with the sequencer? For me the reason sequencer is superior to ableton and FLstudio.

On topic: I would like to have midi out from VSTs
+1 on midi out from VST's - lot of nice arps, sequencers and utilities out there we can't use in reason.

On the sequencer besides better organisation and grouping of tracks, I think people want quality of life stuff like chord drawing, scales, built in wave forms (saw, sine, etc) you can draw in, etc. When you look at the features of studio one for instance reason does seem a little lacking.

User avatar
Dabbler
Posts: 375
Joined: 18 Jan 2015
Location: Louisville, KY

Post 31 Oct 2020

I'd like to see a "Lock LR markers" feature.
So often I need to edit the same number of bars and it seems cumbersome to have to move both L&R marker independently.

User avatar
Rising Night Wave
Posts: 234
Joined: 03 Sep 2019
Location: Vransko, Slovenia

Post 31 Oct 2020

there are too many things from wishlist. just do your best, reason studio.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix GL753VD | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Win10Home64 | Propellerhead Reason 10

chaosroyale
Posts: 483
Joined: 05 Sep 2017

Post 31 Oct 2020

This is a nice sentiment. I second it. I'm not expecting Reason Studios to do everything on my personal wish list. I just hope they do their best to improve the core software.
Rising Night Wave wrote:
31 Oct 2020
there are too many things from wishlist. just do your best, reason studio.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests