Set L and R to loop on visible section of sequencer

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
ejanuska

16 Aug 2019

I was comping so vocals the other day and I had to adjust the loop bars over and over.
I would like a keyboard shortcut to set the L and R cursors to automatically position the L marker on the left side of the visible area of the sequencer, and the R marker on the right. If they could snap like everything else that would be nice.

MannequinRaces

16 Aug 2019

That would be kinda handy when needed.

boingy

16 Aug 2019

ejanuska wrote:
16 Aug 2019
I was comping so vocals the other day and I had to adjust the loop bars over and over.
I would like a keyboard shortcut to set the L and R cursors to automatically position the L marker on the left side of the visible area of the sequencer, and the R marker on the right. If they could snap like everything else that would be nice.
I was going to tell you the shortcut key but then I realised I was thinking of a different DAW! :oops:

Jackjackdaw

16 Aug 2019

'P' will loop and play the selected clip. Probably closest hotkey.

ejanuska

16 Aug 2019

Jackjackdaw wrote:
16 Aug 2019
'P' will loop and play the selected clip. Probably closest hotkey.
Yeah I use that.

Creativemind

18 Aug 2019

ejanuska wrote:
16 Aug 2019
Not sure what you mean, the whole song?

It's Left and Right Locators btw, the cursor is what you move with the mouse. ;)
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Sterioevo

18 Aug 2019

Shortcuts for the left and right loop locators (and end) are available. option/shift and command clicking on the top of the timeline. Thats the quickest way I know to set the loop points

friday

18 Aug 2019

Last night (i couldn't sleep) i asked my self if the props should add the possibility, to have the option (in Preference Menue) that the L & R would be automatically set to the zoom. I mean Z and P combined? (if you use Z again to zoom out, it should set the L & R to the position it has had bevor the zoom in)

In my brain 🧠 it looks like a simple an good solution, but maybe in practice it is not so funny as i think 🤔 of it :-)

ejanuska

26 Aug 2019

Creativemind wrote:
18 Aug 2019
ejanuska wrote:
16 Aug 2019
Not sure what you mean, the whole song?

It's Left and Right Locators btw, the cursor is what you move with the mouse. ;)
L and R cursor, locator whatever. On oscilloscopes similar items are sometimes called cursors, so that's where that comes from.
I want to adjust them to the edges of the screen when zoomed in on a clip. Maybe snap to the nearest bar.

• Information