Click "Edit Automation" is an extra step...

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
owlymane

22 Jul 2019

Atm you can automate parameters either by right-clicking on that parameter in the rack and edit automation or clicking the drop-down"Track Parameter Automation" on top of the sequencer under the editing tools.

1. It would be much more fluid if the "Track Parameter Automation" button was next to each instrument instead of one button at the top. When I first saw that button, I thought it was a global automation mode (since it's next to All Solo/All mute buttons), so it can be misinterpreted.

2. When adding an FX in the rack (like a reverb for a mix channel for example), Reason should automatically create the device in the sequencer and include all it's parameters for automation. Why is it waiting for me to tell it? I don't necessarily automate all FX, but It should always be up for automation at any given moment.

I feel this is just an extra step that kills workflow.
Last edited by owlymane on 22 Jul 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Electric-Metal

22 Jul 2019

owlymane wrote:
22 Jul 2019
Atm you can automate parameters either by right-clicking on that parameter in the rack and edit automation or clicking the drop-down"Track Parameter Automation" on top of the sequencer under the editing tools.
Alt-click a desired parameter to create automation lane (win).
owlymane wrote:
22 Jul 2019

When adding an FX in the rack (like a reverb for a mix channel for example), Reason should automatically create the device in the sequencer and include all it's parameters for automation. Why is it waiting for me to tell it? I don't necessarily automate all FX, but It should always be up for automation at any given moment.
And clutter up the sequencer even more?
Uhm..., no thanks :)
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

owlymane

22 Jul 2019

Electric-Metal wrote:
22 Jul 2019

Alt-click a desired parameter to create automation lane (win).
Yes forgot to mention that as well. But really my point is giving permission from the rack to automate something in the sequencer is unnecessary
Electric-Metal wrote:
22 Jul 2019
And clutter up the sequencer even more?
Uhm..., no thanks :)
I mean, every strong DAW I've personally used offered me instant option to automate any parameter. When you're in sequencer mode, gives you the advantage of staying in the sequencer and even inspires you because trying out different automations is instant. It's pretty fun and keeps you focused on your track.

Also, what's interesting in Reason is that you cannot Edit Automation manually since there is no "analogue" connection between the Rack and the Sequencer. This means that the sequencer has its own tools and strength. Whatever is in the rack should be in the sequencer. That's the whole point of the sequencer. It's to sequence not only midi notes and instruments but also FX.

When it comes to cluttering, it should not be overload coding to properly hide/show FX in the sequencer. On the other hand, getting all the fx under your hands is where the sauce begins :D

• Information