Allow hosting VSTs with Reason in slave mode

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
DonnieAlan

03 Jun 2019

Its great that Reason can finally host VSTs. That move has made Reason probably the most versatile and powerful VI out there because it can now be any and all VI's at once. Unless, of course, you mostly use Reason in slave mode via Rewire. Then you can't host VSTs at all. So, please, Propellerheads, for the many, many of us who primarily use Reason in slave mode, please allow VST hosting when Reason hosted in our main DAWs. Please!

boingy

03 Jun 2019

I agree and I'd also like to see Reason being able to be a Rewire Master.

DonnieAlan

03 Jun 2019

boingy wrote:
03 Jun 2019
I agree and I'd also like to see Reason being able to be a Rewire Master.
That could be interesting! Host Pro Tools via Rewire inside Reason. Hmmm...

If I had to pick, though, just allow VST hosting with Reason in slave mode. That would open up huge possibilities. There's a large number of Reasons users out there who have another DAW as their main DAW for a number of reasons. I use Pro Tools, for example. I've done some scoring for video productions. Can't do that in Reason. But, I did use Reason for some of my sounds. I would have used it more if the VSTs could have been hosted with Reason in slave mode. There's a lot of us out there that would do the same.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

08 Jul 2019

Has anyone heard from PH regarding this issue?
Allowing VST with Rewire is a bit of a no brainer after all...
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

• Information