Request: Sound Wave Button

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
sitejax

22 Apr 2019

I know this suggestion might lead to something bigger but I propose that right next to the Spectrum EQ button under the master fader there should be a Sound Wave button. (See attached images of my quick mock ups).

The main reason for me would be to see the peaks and ranges (my snares are usually so loud) but if made functional could allow for fading in and out of songs or any other use that we could think of.
Attachments
SoundWave.jpg
SoundWave.jpg (35.89 KiB) Viewed 349 times
Masgterfader.jpg
Masgterfader.jpg (30.04 KiB) Viewed 349 times

aeox
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2019

sitejax wrote:
22 Apr 2019
Would this work for you?

It's a free RE called VAC-6

sitejax

22 Apr 2019

If this is what you are referring to https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... ontroller/.
It looks good but it's more like a enhanced Spectrum Eq. What I'm suggesting is a little different.

I will use the VAC-6 RE :) thanks

joeyluck

22 Apr 2019

Hey just so you know, we do have a Reason Feature Requests forum :) It is a subforum of Reason General.

I've moved your others as well as this one.

WongoTheSane

23 Apr 2019

Just to be clear, VAC-6 isn't an EQ, it doesn't show frequency content but amplitude, exactly like the waveform you suggested. The only difference is that it does it in real time instead of having a pre-calculated one (which is most of the time what you need when looking for peaks: the effect of whatever device you add before should be visible in real time to see its effect).

• Information