Allow VSTs to load stuff from inside refills

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
manisnotabird

21 Apr 2019

I have a bunch of samples inside refills, seems like I should be able to use them with the VSTs I'm running inside Reason!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2019

manisnotabird wrote:
21 Apr 2019
I have a bunch of samples inside refills, seems like I should be able to use them with the VSTs I'm running inside Reason!
Had exactly that problem last week with Regroover VST. It’d be great just to drag samples from a refill but, as you said, you can’t.
What you can do is drag the refill to the Sequencer, bounce to disk and then import it into the VST.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

scratchnsnifff

30 Apr 2019

as much as i love refills. this is pretty annoying. i never realized how closed looped reasons sounds were. i figured that once you bought a refill the sounds could be used how ever, i thought it was just a way of keeping files tidy.
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

boingy

30 Apr 2019

I've given up on refills. I never really liked their inflexibility when it comes to organising sounds and patches but I put up with it because of the superb compression they get on audio. But times change and disk space is just not an issue any longer. So I download the occasional free one but apart from that it's a dead format to me.

If I had a refill unpacker i'd treat refills as a sort of zip format, where the first thing I do is unpack all the stuff from it, reorganise the stuff to fit my library structure, delete the filler and then I'd just archive the original refill. To a user, refills are an annoyance rather than a benefit imho.

• Information