Parallel Channel Feature Request

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
aeox
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2019

After looking over the manual, I couldn't find any solution for what I'm trying to do. There are workarounds of course but it seems like this should just be baked in. I could be just missing something completely obvious here..

Currently, when you create a parallel mix channel it's "Pre Out"

It would be really handy to have the option to switch to "Post"

Example:

Loque

29 Mar 2019

Yea, I wanted that too several times. I think that is f for what Mix Bus Channels were made, that means you need to send them to a bus and then create a new Parallel Channel.

I have a similar problem with send to fx, if I want to EQ the signal before it goes to the send fx. There is a solution, but it's terrible...
Reason12, Win10

aeox
Competition Winner

29 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
29 Mar 2019
I think that is f for what Mix Bus Channels were made, that means you need to send them to a bus and then create a new Parallel Channel.
Yes that's what I'd do as well.

It would make for much less clutter if we could just have a switch on the back to make the signal post effects :D

Guess I'll have to live with it for now.

Loque

29 Mar 2019

aeox wrote:
29 Mar 2019
Loque wrote:
29 Mar 2019
I think that is f for what Mix Bus Channels were made, that means you need to send them to a bus and then create a new Parallel Channel.
Yes that's what I'd do as well.

It would make for much less clutter if we could just have a switch on the back to make the signal post effects :D

Guess I'll have to live with it for now.
Yea, a switch or another output. Or just let me open the mixer and recable the inside. So i can also solve my send-fx problem.
Reason12, Win10

ProfessaKaos

21 Apr 2019

aeox wrote:
28 Mar 2019
After looking over the manual, I couldn't find any solution for what I'm trying to do. There are workarounds of course but it seems like this should just be baked in. I could be just missing something completely obvious here..

Currently, when you create a parallel mix channel it's "Pre Out"

It would be really handy to have the option to switch to "Post"

Example:

Yeah I've always wished this was baked in, my template is full of extra bus channels to achieve this.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

selig
RE Developer

22 Apr 2019

Side note:
A partial solution to a “post channel parallel out” is one I’ve wanted since the SSL was introduced, which is for the Direct Outs to work more like a real SSL. As they are now, patching the direct outs causes the original signal in the mix bus to be cut. This means you can’t use the direct outputs as an alternate “parallel” output - but you COULD do so if they didn’t automatically cut the main channel out (and you could still mute the channel yourself if need be).
Selig Audio, LLC

Kalm

22 Apr 2019

yea this has always been a thing for me but I just use the SPEM mixer and route it to there so I have 4 inserts, aux sends to use. Keeps it from being unorganized.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

• Information