What Are Your Most Wanted Features You'd Like To See In Reason

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.

What Is Your Most Wanted Feature for Reason?

Poll ended at 01 Mar 2019

Updated Midi Editor (Give us a good 15 / 16 features here)
10%
Enhanced Audio Editing Capabilities (Such as Punch In/Out, Auto-Crossfading, Tempo Detect, Bounce to Mono etc)
10%
Undo Events List (Searchable and possibly Customizable (take undo types out))
2%
Track Folders
9%
Track Freeze
9%
Time Markers (With Shortcuts to Skip to Parts etc)
3%
Notepad
2%
Curved Automation
8%
Cloning of Clips
2%
Improved Sequencer
11%
Collapsable Subgroups on the Main Mixer
4%
VCA Faders on the Main Mixer
1%
Group Editing
2%
Manual Parameter Inputs and Copy and Paste Them Too
2%
Combinator 2
9%
Thor 2
2%
NN-XT 2
3%
Scales and Chords Player 2
4%
Spectrum EQ 2 (Open Multiple At Once and Save Settings for a start)
4%
More Themes and the ability to have Themes affect the Mixer
2%

Total votes: 253
friday

13 Feb 2019

EdGrip wrote:
13 Feb 2019
... I never need you to do that. I don't need both projects open. That has literally never been what I want.
I only need the one I've just opened.
That's the only project I need.
Stop it.
Aaaargh.
You never copyed a whole channel and track from a other project to a new one?? Thats what i love in Reason, just open some experimental projects and copy all the good stuff to the new one. Thanks Reason for making this so easy :-)

Jagwah

15 Feb 2019

Excuse me Sir, do you have a moment to talk about video support?

ltbrunt00

15 Feb 2019

I would add a scoring to video feature.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

Creativemind

16 Feb 2019

aeox wrote:
13 Feb 2019
"Updated Midi Editor (Give us a good 15 / 16 features here)"

Is pretty vague and that's a lot of features to add. I'm more a fan of quality over quantity. Which specific features would people like to see?
1) Mute / Unmute Notes
2) Note Displays
3) Join Notes
4) Slice By Grid (Keyboard Shortcut)
5) Keyboard Shortcut to Send a Note or Notes Up / Down an Octave or Beginning / End of a Clip
6) Remember Last Note Length
7) Click A Different Note Length Than the Current Remembered Note Length Once to Change the Next Pasted Note Length
8) Colouring Notes
9) Chord Painting
10) Keyboard shortcut to paste a Row of Say 16th Notes ./ Quarter Notes etc with a Shortcut to the end of that clip on a selected row
11) Midi Chase
12) Being Able to Adjust the Velocities with the Pointer Tool
13) Put a Toggle On / Off Button in the Midi Editor for the Trigger Notes While Editing (why is that in the preferences?)
14) Take the arrows on the beginning of the Notes Away until you need them
15) An Easy drop down menu with a list of midi clips to quickly change midi clip
16) See Which Midi Controller Key You're Pressing in the Midi Editor
17) A Keyboard shortcut to make any note or notes selected fit to the end of the clip if you have shortened the clip and the notes extend out of the clip

Those are my wants.

I could've included many more:-

Something akin to Riff Maker in FL Studio
Holding Right Mouse Button down changes the tool to a new tool (a Scrub tool) and you can scribble erase note really easy
Scale Modes
Volume, Panning, Resonance and Filtering for Individual Notes as well as Velocities and all adjustable with the pointer or pencil tool
Using the middle mouse wheel and a combo of shift / alt / ctrl will adjust various things on the note the mouse cursor is closest too. Example:- Middle mouse wheel and shift moves the nearest note back or forward a grid division
Nudge notes by time, not just a grid division
Step Edit Mode
Comping for Midi
Strum feature
Clicking a note again with the pencil tool will erase it
A new tool where it will play (with like a vertical line going down the midi editor) whichever notes the line goes through, to like audition chords etc

There's loads. Propellerhead want to look at FL Studio for most of these. The "Piano Roll" as it's called in FL Studio is so so powerful. It has all those above (except maybe Scale Modes (That's from Abelton)) and probably has a few more I haven't mentioned.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Jagwah

16 Feb 2019

ltbrunt00 wrote:
15 Feb 2019
I would add a scoring to video feature.
After all this time if we finally got video support and it was only a basic window that only let us score and didn't have a few editing features then I would curl up in a little ball and die, or be very upset.

Like my comment if you cry errytime you think about video support in Reason 😭

Creativemind

16 Feb 2019

Jagwah wrote:
15 Feb 2019
I purposely left that off the list because a) there were limit options (20) and b) why add a whole new format (video as opposed to audio) when all the audio editing isn't finished yet. Doesn't make sense. You might want it but until you can do all you need with audio (to add the video you import) and other things like workflow, optimising the vst performance, midi editing stuff, there's not much point yet.

Creativemind

16 Feb 2019

Also, on my list of midi editing features, in regards to number 17, what I think Propellerhead should do, is have a preference in the preferences to make it cut off all notes outside of the clip when shortening a clip and that should be checked by default. If you don't want it that way, uncheck it but I think the vast majority would like it checked, that's why I say it should be on by default.

Jagwah

16 Feb 2019

Creativemind wrote:
16 Feb 2019
Jagwah wrote:
15 Feb 2019
I purposely left that off the list because a) there were limit options (20) and b) why add a whole new format (video as opposed to audio) when all the audio editing isn't finished yet. Doesn't make sense. You might want it but until you can do all you need with audio (to add the video you import) and other things like workflow, optimising the vst performance, midi editing stuff, there's not much point yet.
I know it as well as you do 😭

The last updates have been device focused, almost as if it's a trend to expect nothing in the sequencer or anything else, which makes me feel even more desperate. Gees Louise video support probably isn't going to happen for at least 15 years and even that is a long shot.

It would be really cool to get an update that is full of actual features, more of the same type updates would be really disappointing at this point.

I'm slowly accepting I need to venture out for my video wants, sorry if I hijacked your thread a bit.

Creativemind

16 Feb 2019

Jagwah wrote:
16 Feb 2019
Creativemind wrote:
16 Feb 2019

I know it as well as you do 😭

The last updates have been device focused, almost as if it's a trend to expect nothing in the sequencer or anything else, which makes me feel even more desperate. Gees Louise video support probably isn't going to happen for at least 15 years and even that is a long shot.

It would be really cool to get an update that is full of actual features, more of the same type updates would be really disappointing at this point.

I'm slowly accepting I need to venture out for my video wants, sorry if I hijacked your thread a bit.
If you're on Mac there is a Video Player VST out there somewhere but I forget the name of it now. Someone on here mentioned it a good couple of years ago so wouldn't be surprised if there was a Windows Video Player VST by now as well.

No worries mate.

devilfish

16 Feb 2019

All in and out Midi functions like in Steinberg Cubase or Image Line FL Studio!

More Audio outs for the VST Instruments!!
24 Stereo min.!

two shoes

16 Feb 2019

umm, how is MIDI VST OUTPUT not on this list - i'd rather have it than all this stuff put together.

two shoes

16 Feb 2019

Creativemind wrote:
16 Feb 2019
the title of this post should have been, "which of the features I want to see in reason would you prefer" - he's actually left of several items that would be at the top of the list for many people because he doesn't care about them. bit of a useless post honestly - hopefully propellerhead doesn't put too much stock into it. if you're gonna do this type of thing you gotta include all of the most popular feature requests, not just the ones you want.

Jagwah

18 Feb 2019

two shoes wrote:
16 Feb 2019
umm, how is MIDI VST OUTPUT not on this list - i'd rather have it than all this stuff put together.
Hey dude your post above messed up the quotes - I didn't say that stuff can you fix it please, thanks. 😊

ScuzzyEye

18 Feb 2019

Jagwah wrote:
18 Feb 2019
[Hey dude your post above messed up the quotes - I didn't say that stuff can you fix it please, thanks. 😊
Mod Note: I've edited the post to remove the extraneous "quote" tag.

joeyluck

18 Feb 2019

Things I want aren't in the list...

Support for:
MPE
VST3
Video (even though it's noted to be omitted from this list)

Creativemind

18 Feb 2019

two shoes wrote:
16 Feb 2019
Creativemind wrote:
16 Feb 2019
the title of this post should have been, "which of the features I want to see in reason would you prefer" - he's actually left of several items that would be at the top of the list for many people because he doesn't care about them. bit of a useless post honestly - hopefully propellerhead doesn't put too much stock into it. if you're gonna do this type of thing you gotta include all of the most popular feature requests, not just the ones you want.
You only get 20 options, you can't include everything can you. :shock:

And it's "left off" not "of".

Kilsane

20 Feb 2019

I'm just waiting for a new version number, I think it's even the most important feature for the next version of Reason

scratchnsnifff

24 Feb 2019

I would just like to see PH take the low hanging fruit. Combinator knobs matrix slots and right click options for anything contained In the combinator maybe they could also do the learn function. Anything to speed up a key utility unique to Reason.

Using a combinator with vst is hard because you have to limit which controls you want macro’d
Someone can try making an evolving sound using macros with a semi hefty synth like synthmaster 2.9, dune3, or when it comes our khs phase plant

It’s something that could and should be done. Basically they should look at all the requests and start with the input text to sequencer bug. Then add additional matrix slots and features. It would be a huge hit amongst longtime Reason users

Also as Iv discused in other threads, Thor 2 would be a hit as well. I now believe they should keep Thor as is for anyone who doesn’t want it to change. And make a Thor 2.0 with the same modulation and audio capabilities but add more forms of synthesis and perhaps an sdk for 3rd party oscillators, filters, and maybe utilities. A semi modular synth would definitely gain traction in the synth users world as modular setups are pretty popular right now. A semi modular would provide the modulation and sound sources to bridge the gap from experienced modular users to people who just want a preset and instant sound design. It worked with Thor 1. Also Thor is the one thing non reason users seem to really remember about Reason.

Also going retro is always a great move, Thor is somewhat retro compared to the high end synths that are out there.
Sequencer/automation/midi complexity is much welcomed, but I still view Reason like the rack of instruments that it once was/is
Just some thoughts.
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Creativemind

01 Mar 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
24 Feb 2019
I would just like to see PH take the low hanging fruit. Combinator knobs matrix slots and right click options for anything contained In the combinator maybe they could also do the learn function. Anything to speed up a key utility unique to Reason.

Using a combinator with vst is hard because you have to limit which controls you want macro’d
Someone can try making an evolving sound using macros with a semi hefty synth like synthmaster 2.9, dune3, or when it comes our khs phase plant

It’s something that could and should be done. Basically they should look at all the requests and start with the input text to sequencer bug. Then add additional matrix slots and features. It would be a huge hit amongst longtime Reason users

Also as Iv discused in other threads, Thor 2 would be a hit as well. I now believe they should keep Thor as is for anyone who doesn’t want it to change. And make a Thor 2.0 with the same modulation and audio capabilities but add more forms of synthesis and perhaps an sdk for 3rd party oscillators, filters, and maybe utilities. A semi modular synth would definitely gain traction in the synth users world as modular setups are pretty popular right now. A semi modular would provide the modulation and sound sources to bridge the gap from experienced modular users to people who just want a preset and instant sound design. It worked with Thor 1. Also Thor is the one thing non reason users seem to really remember about Reason.

Also going retro is always a great move, Thor is somewhat retro compared to the high end synths that are out there.
Sequencer/automation/midi complexity is much welcomed, but I still view Reason like the rack of instruments that it once was/is
Just some thoughts.
:thumbs_up:

Good suggestions. I'd love a Thor 2, I really would but I don't think it should be a separate device.

So far though an improved sequencer is winning in this poll, an Improved Midi Editor is in 2nd place, more advanced audio editing is in 3rd place and a Combinator 2 and Track Freeze in joint 4th. Interesting. Hope PH are listening.

Luxuria

08 Apr 2019

Bump.

Hope to see the top 5-6 requests implemented into Reason 11.

Great news with how well 10.3 is coming along. I'm on 8.3 at the moment. RE's have been enough to warrant me not needing VST's, although Ozone 8 would be the only thing I would take advantage of when I upgrade eventually.

I'm ready for an upgrade. If Reason 11 has the most requested features added, I'm pulling the trigger. Take my money, you earned it.

If not, I'm sitting it out another cycle.

plaamook

16 Apr 2019

In order of importance...

Improved Sequencer: Basically update audio editing and sort out zoom function and I'm happy. I'm not gonna list details because every other audio editor pretty much has this already. And I've already listed that crap so many times...

Combinator 2: More knobs and combinable-able in Combi 1&2

Time Markers: But I think that falls under Sequencer update.

New NNXT: Why not. Don't really need it now that there's Grain in a way but it's nice to see new samplers, which we don't much see. Nice for people that don't use synths (like me).

Crurve Automation: But that should also fall under improved sequencer
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

MikaNub

25 May 2019

Ive followed both your questions but Im not sure that Ive understood it correct...

You turn on shadows with this button as always?

switchshadow.jpg

Spaceship

26 May 2019

An option to lock the GUI so you would have to hold shift to move any modules. I misclick a lot when trying to use small controls, and end up moving modules on accident.

I would also request the ability to set customized key bindings for DAW functions. Lots of keybindings are currently missing.

I also dream of a modulation system that can be used to affect any parameter. Right click a control and find a modulation drop down menu, with some basic modulation types available right from the start. As you add more CV sources to your rack these would become available as well.
This would be helpful to people that prefer using CV instead of automation. No wiring would be needed. Modulation amounts could be adjusted on a new interface; a list of all parameters being modulated, with controls to adjust CV ranges and levels for each assignment made.

Upgrades like adding alternate audio ins and outs and additional CV sources to the current selection of instruments and effects would be welcomed too. Any module with an oscillator could have a separate audio output for it. Any module with an envelope, LFO, or RNG could be a CV source.

The ability in Redrum to copy one measure of a pattern to another.

A snapshot feature that could morph the whole rack between different parameter settings. Like in Reaktor. This would be amazing for songwriting.

A “snapshot to block” feature would be useful. A feature that copies the current patterns of all sequencer devices on the rack and midi and automation information within the loop range on the sequencer to a new block automatically.

Some help creating transitions between blocks, like if the parameters changed gradually instead of instantly.

DrGOA®

04 Jun 2019

Sorry, if already posted!

Some users want to see dark mixer, when they apply "dark" theme in Reason.

Not most wanted feature, but wanted anyway.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 Jun 2019

They already did the best one, better optimization. I initially chose "Track Freeze" but for me that's no longer needed now. This is even better.

• Information