Remember Last Window Size Used

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Brahmastra

29 Oct 2018

As the topic header says. I have a high res monitor, and I'd like to have a feature that memorizes the window size that I last used, so that, when I open up Reason the next time, it will open at the specific size I last set it to. Right now it does not do that. Many programs have this feature already, so it should not be too much of a hassle to implement it into Reason. Maximizing the window is not a solution, because I don't want it to fill my entire screen, just a specfici portion of it.

joeyluck

29 Oct 2018

Brahmastra wrote:
29 Oct 2018
As the topic header says. I have a high res monitor, and I'd like to have a feature that memorizes the window size that I last used, so that, when I open up Reason the next time, it will open at the specific size I last set it to. Right now it does not do that. Many programs have this feature already, so it should not be too much of a hassle to implement it into Reason. Maximizing the window is not a solution, because I don't want it to fill my entire screen, just a specfici portion of it.
If you set your windows how you want them, and then save it as a Reason file, and then set that Reason file as your default, Reason will open with your preferred window size.

There is some benefit to this, so that each project can have it's own arrangement of windows and sizes. There's some downside to that when opening older projects, but once you revisit them and make adjustments and save, all should be good then.

Loque

29 Oct 2018

I am annoyed by that all the time, but i was too lazy to set a default song in the last xx years :-D
Reason12, Win10

Brahmastra

08 Nov 2018

joeyluck wrote:
29 Oct 2018
Brahmastra wrote:
29 Oct 2018
If you set your windows how you want them, and then save it as a Reason file, and then set that Reason file as your default, Reason will open with your preferred window size.

There is some benefit to this, so that each project can have it's own arrangement of windows and sizes. There's some downside to that when opening older projects, but once you revisit them and make adjustments and save, all should be good then.
Thanks, yeah that will work, but it's still a work around if you know what I'm saying. I was kind of hoping that it could just become a standard feature so that I wouldn't have to do that. Nit picking, I know, but this is the Reason Feature Request topic after all, so ;)

• Information