Solo/Mute Clips

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Heigen5

08 Oct 2018

We could simply create a lane for muting/soloing in the sequencer, drawing a mute/solo clip in a lenght of choice and BAM, DONE!

Pretty essential feature for electronic music like EDM.

Thanks!
Last edited by Heigen5 on 08 Oct 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Heigen5

08 Oct 2018

Pan clips would also make perfect sense, by enetering a pan value into a clip, maybe some other quicky clips too?????

antic604

09 Oct 2018

In Reason - unlike in most DAWs - you can actually mute MIDI lane completely, with a dedicated button. Also you can mute individual clips with a mute tool (T). The only thing missing there is ability to "lasso" several clips with mute tool selected.

As for the panning, again - just make an automation lane for it. It's beautiful in Reason that you can have a default value - say center - and then insert a clip with just single point (eg. 50% left) and extend it for how long you want without adding any other points and when it ends the pan returns to zero.

Those two things are actually BRILLIANT in Reason's sequencer :)

Heigen5

09 Oct 2018

I'm aware you can do stuff like these (obiously), I'm just suggesting a next generation ways to do it.
I would like that we could draw a clip with a pencil into a lane and by right clicking on it choose that if you want to solo or mute something. As far as I know, you can mute midi clips, but not audio clips. Muting audio like this is known as "brick-stop". Very handy when you quickly want to end a delay or reverb etc.

S1GNL

09 Oct 2018

Heigen5 wrote:
09 Oct 2018
I'm aware you can do stuff like these (obiously), I'm just suggesting a next generation ways to do it.
I would like that we could draw a clip with a pencil into a lane and by right clicking on it choose that if you want to solo or mute something. As far as I know, you can mute midi clips, but not audio clips. Muting audio like this is known as "brick-stop". Very handy when you quickly want to end a delay or reverb etc.
You can mute audio clips the same way you mute midi clips. Either with the mute tool or you just can select all clips you want to mute, right-click, choose "mute clip"... done.

PhillipOrdonez

09 Oct 2018

S1GNL wrote:
09 Oct 2018
Heigen5 wrote:
09 Oct 2018
You can mute audio clips the same way you mute midi clips. Either with the mute tool or you just can select all clips you want to mute, right-click, choose "mute clip"... done.
Just select the clips, midi or audio, and hit the M key, that's it.

Heigen5

10 Oct 2018

I know you can mute midi and audio clips, the way you told, but what I would like is not muting the clips themselves, but muting/soloing the whole signal, like you'd automate the mix channel to do it. It would save some time if we could draw an empty clip and then choose either the solo or mute, by right clicking on an empty clip. Right clicking on a clip could have "Order --> Solo and/or Mute".

Actually there could be more quickies under an "Order" like "Fade volume out/in" as example. So you'd (again) draw an empty clip and choose your quicky. The fade volume in would start from zero and fade to the position you have on a Mix channel. Fade volume out would start from the current position you have on a Mix channel and fade to zero. When you stretch right/left of a clip, the zero and max values follow.

Yes, these orders are quickies to automate stuff.

• Information