Piano roll background colour

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
korsun

02 Oct 2018

I think would be better to colour the notes (according to clip colour) in piano roll instead of background. In some cases, like when the clip colour is "lemon", I almost can't see the grid.

C//AZM

02 Oct 2018

...that or less severe colors... put some transparency on those colors or give us the fader to make the colors less saturated ourselves.

Loque

02 Oct 2018

Yea, sometimes the coloring bites my eyes and i sometimes get just lost where i am actually are.
Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2018

I think it would help if @propellerheadsw added a slightly wider horizontal lines between every C/B note. Much easier to see the octaves in the grid then.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

joeyluck

03 Oct 2018

Makes sense to me! Others have requested this in light of the difficulty with multi edit, and this would of course help with that.

I think clip colors could stay, except when entering edit mode of a clip, then the colors would be assigned to the notes, but instead overtop of a generic grid that is easy on the eyes.

I guess the only potential confusing part is the hue which changes to show note velocity...and then perhaps you would cross paths with other colors in multi edit mode...unless if when in multi edit mode, velocity isn't displayed on the notes. That would be an ok compromise. How do other DAWs handle it?

• Information