I want Dark Grid Lines

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
hurricane
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2018

This is so annoying to me and I'm going to keep bringing this up till they make it happen. I hate the way the white grid lines look against the dark grid. And I HATE those thick separator lines. It almost gives me anxiety. It's so messy and ugly and just looks like shit in my opinion. Please give us a dark gridline option and do away with those space-wasting thick-ass lanes.

Here's Reason:

ugly reason.png
ugly reason.png (120.34 KiB) Viewed 1024 times

And here's Logic:

clean logic.png
clean logic.png (125.55 KiB) Viewed 1024 times
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

esselfortium

29 Sep 2018

I can't see the grid lines in that Logic screenshot at all. What's the point in having a grid if it's invisible?
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

hurricane
Competition Winner

29 Sep 2018

Well you can on my screen. In Logic you can make them black or white, and you can adjust the strength. I like mine to blend into the background so that I don't notice them as much. You can also change the background from dark to light and everything in between.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

joeyluck

29 Sep 2018

I still use the default theme because of the inconsistencies with the dark theme. It actually makes it tougher in some cases when things like audio track, mix channel, combinator, VST device, and the main mixer remain white/very light. Just makes them pop even more, which doesn't make it easier on my eyes, but the opposite. Best for me currently when using Reason to keep everything on a similar plain, in default theme, and then dial down the brightness... But I would like to use the dark theme if it's given more attention to be dark overall.

Would be great if Propellerhead could do something to accommodate the dark mode of macOS Mojave. I haven't updated yet, but that feature would be cool if all the apps I use work with it.

Creativemind

29 Sep 2018

I don't like the border on the clips on dark or blue themes either. Quite liked the way Reaper does it with a little like corner fold on clips. That's not to do with grid lines though is it. I like that Logic has choosable colour and amounts on it's grid lines.

Also if you have a long note or any note I think that goes to the very end of a clip, has anyone noticed that the line in the clip in sequencer view goes over the border? shouldn't it be just that, a border?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

Namyo85

30 Sep 2018

Looking at the screenshots, they seem at either extremes, I'd prefer something in the middle. Reason definitely needs more user preference options for sure.

C//AZM

02 Oct 2018

Looking at your pics, my main concern is that the heavier vertical time lines are un-even. They're not laid out in any logical spacing.

--EDIT ok, I downloaded your pic and they're evenly spaced but it's strange that just looking at the pic on the website, they looked unevenly spaced as if the heavy lines were at measures 7 21 23 and 37. Perhaps if there was more contrast between bar lines and there was a consistent grid pattern of more than 2 bars in this case.

You could be able to set the strong/weak line pattern for four, eight or more bars and in the case of your music here, it looks like a heavy line every eight bars would fit better rather than heavy lines every 2 brs.

selig
RE Developer

02 Oct 2018

+1!
More control over the look of the sequencer would be extremely welcome in Reason, as most of us spend a great deal of time there and are usually hyper-focused on little details. Eye fatigue is the last thing we need to be worrying about, and as we all "see" differently it's essential IMO for some greater level of custom control here.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information