Exclude minor things from undo list

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
C//AZM

28 Sep 2018

For Reason, I would like to exclude simple things from the undo list like muting tracks and soloing tracks and stick to major functions.
I'm editing a track and I notice it conflicts with another track so I go hunting down that track by soloing each track until I find the offending instrument. When I see that what I just edited was actually wrong and I need to undo that latest edit, I have a dozen mute, undo-mute, solo, undo-solo moves to go through before getting to the important thing. I consider mutes, solos, screen movement, zooms etc to be unnecessary in regards to undo functions.
It makes thing much easier to make undo exclusive to only major functions.

O1B

28 Sep 2018

The dreaded undo-redo-undelete-delete conundrum... (it's in the Bible)

I have the same delimma from time to time - but I've seen other DAW's undo maze.... and, NO.

It may need a re-working of your mute-management system.

I like it the way it is. I remember every mute and solo.
And, yes, after EQing.... - "where was I?" - is sometimes an issue - but :
C//AZM wrote:
28 Sep 2018
For Reason, I would like to exclude simple things from the undo list like muting tracks and soloing tracks and stick to major functions.
I'm editing a track and I notice it conflicts with another track so I go hunting down that track by soloing each track until I find the offending instrument. When I see that what I just edited was actually wrong and I need to undo that latest edit, I have a dozen mute, undo-mute, solo, undo-solo moves to go through before getting to the important thing. I consider mutes, solos, screen movement, zooms etc to be unnecessary in regards to undo functions.

C//AZM

28 Sep 2018

O1B wrote:
28 Sep 2018
The dreaded undo-redo-undelete-delete conundrum... (it's in the Bible)

I have the same delimma from time to time - but I've seen other DAW's undo maze.... and, NO.

It may need a re-working of your mute-management system.

I like it the way it is. I remember every mute and solo.
And, yes, after EQing.... - "where was I?" - is sometimes an issue - but :
C//AZM wrote:
28 Sep 2018
Um...ok but that really isn't the point. I can remember enough of the operations I did, that's not the point. Besides, I would never consider writing down every movement I make, that would be ridiculous... Or perhaps I'm missing your point?

What I'm saying is Mute, Unmute, Solo, zoom, change color are all easily changed back, but Delete Track, Change Preset and many other operations are extremely important destructive functions where those others are minor items.
Most computer software excludes minor functions in their undo list. It's tedious going through several minor feature worth of undo just to get to the important function you're really looking for.

• Information