Re-assign key commands

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
songsmite

26 Sep 2018

I thought it would be really nice to have key commands be able to be re-assigned (or assigned).
I often use Reason in Rewire mode and find it awkward when the same command uses a different key command than the host I am using.
alt/ctrl modifiers - different than cubase (copy events with mouse)
Redo - typically is assigned to ctrl-shift-z (also like cubase)
Shift-mouse wheel is opposite Cubase (horizontal scroll direction)

thx

Namyo85

27 Sep 2018

This is indeed a good idea, I'd simply be happy to see more keyboard shortcuts at the moment. F9 to F12 aren't assigned to anything and there's plenty of options they could be, especially in the 'Window' drop down menu.
There's also a possibility of having more 'ctrl +' settings and even some more individual letters assigned to things.

joeyluck

29 Sep 2018

You can do this if you are on macOS.

Under System Preferences, you can add/edit shortcuts. You can add things that aren't assigned as well as make adjustments. For instance, you can change 'View Main Mixer' from F5 to F7 and switch 'View Sequencer' from F7 to F5. Or you can make these new assignments completely different.

I have assigned ⌘F for the menu items "Enter Full Screen" and "Exit Full Screen," (as is the behavior in other apps), leaving the menu item for 'Create Effect' no longer assigned to ⌘F, as is the default assignment given by Reason. I could then assign 'Create Effect' to another shortcut, but I actually don't use that, so it remains blank for now.

• Information