Polyphonic audio to midi

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to the Props but you can still discuss them here.
scratchnsnifff
Posts: 1154
Joined: 21 Sep 2016

Post 25 Sep 2018

I believe I saw a studio one video where they had an Audio example, and the DAW was able to tell that it was a G minor chord.

This is essentially what reasons audio to midi function does. But reason does it better with pluck sounds and monophonic lines. I’d love to see what chords my favorite artists use

This would be very helpful to deconstruct sayyyy trance songs.

Iv found that making a polyphonic supersaw patch is only half of the battle
Supersaw sounds can generally only sound as good as the music that they are being played (for the most part).
Listen to tiesto or kshmr for examples of great uses of supersaw chord progressions

So with that being said, it would be cool to see Reason get this feature to help with the further understanding of music production:)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

User avatar
Enterface
Posts: 29
Joined: 09 Jun 2015

Post 04 Jan 2019

If you open up the audio clip in "note edit" mode before dragging it to an instrument/MIDI track, Reason will do it's best interpretation of the audio clip and provide a polyphonic MIDI clip as a result. Is this what you are talking about?

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 2647
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 30 Jan 2019

Enterface wrote:
04 Jan 2019
If you open up the audio clip in "note edit" mode before dragging it to an instrument/MIDI track, Reason will do it's best interpretation of the audio clip and provide a polyphonic MIDI clip as a result. Is this what you are talking about?
Not sure I follow what you mean here.

Note Edit?

There's Slice Edit, Pitch Edit and Comp Edit, what's Note Edit?

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 310
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Colombia

Post 30 Jan 2019

Creativemind wrote:
30 Jan 2019
Enterface wrote:
04 Jan 2019
If you open up the audio clip in "note edit" mode before dragging it to an instrument/MIDI track, Reason will do it's best interpretation of the audio clip and provide a polyphonic MIDI clip as a result. Is this what you are talking about?
Not sure I follow what you mean here.

They probably meant pitch edit?

Note Edit?

There's Slice Edit, Pitch Edit and Comp Edit, what's Note Edit?

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 2647
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 30 Jan 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
30 Jan 2019
Creativemind wrote:
30 Jan 2019


Not sure I follow what you mean here.

They probably meant pitch edit?

Note Edit?

There's Slice Edit, Pitch Edit and Comp Edit, what's Note Edit?
You put your response inside my quote.

How d'ya open up Pitch Edit before you've dragged the sample onto a track?

PhillipOrdonez
Posts: 310
Joined: 20 Oct 2017
Location: Colombia

Post 30 Jan 2019

Creativemind wrote:
30 Jan 2019
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
30 Jan 2019
You put your response inside my quote.

How d'ya open up Pitch Edit before you've dragged the sample onto a track?


Lol, that is true, I did that. Not good with forums, quotes, and such.

I think they mean, the track is on the sequencer as audio, you open pitch edit mode, then bounce to midi. I think this is what they meant (the user you were answering to in the first place).

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 2647
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 30 Jan 2019

But either way it's only monophonic material that can be bounced or pitch corrected.

User avatar
Marco Raaphorst
Posts: 2305
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 30 Jan 2019

Ableton Live can do it. Not always perfect on busy and complex harmonies. It's a great feature though, you can create midi out of audio. Also for rhythm it works nicely. Real acoustic grooves > midi parts.
Marco Raaphorst

Music & soundware https://melodiefabriek.com.
Check out my new ReFill Rockmen: https://melodiefabriek.com/blog/rockmen ... available/

User avatar
Enterface
Posts: 29
Joined: 09 Jun 2015

Post 18 Mar 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
30 Jan 2019
Creativemind wrote:
30 Jan 2019


Not sure I follow what you mean here.

They probably meant pitch edit?

Note Edit?

There's Slice Edit, Pitch Edit and Comp Edit, what's Note Edit?
I meant "Pitch Edit". Apologies. This causes Reason to analyze the various note pitches within the clip. Then when you drag to a midi channel, the result will be midi notes derived from the pitch analysis of the audio clip (this is still monophonic). I was wrong in my original post. Sorry.

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 0 guests