Thor analog oscillator

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
scratchnsnifff

14 Sep 2018

So I love how the analog square PWM sounds, but I feel like the pwm knob should have an effect on all the standard waveforms

Here is my idea
Sine and triangle (the pwm knob would be a fold back distortion)

Saw (pwm knob would create saw 2 saw peaks that could sweep along the waveform) the saw pwm knob would essentially be a saw Pwm

I’m assuming this wouldn’t be tooo hard to implement? Also having a little wave folder at the oscillator level would be very nice for FM patches

My korg minilogue has a feature set like this, the FM patches are very brutal because of the change in shape of the analaog oscillator

Please props :) make something happen with my beloved Thor
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Loque

14 Sep 2018

Yea, i was wondering about the PWM too so often in the past. Maybe the reason they did it like that was emulation of "analog" or maybe the match was too heavy. Today i go to toher synths if i want to have a PWM wave. But actually Thors possiblities are unreached - even Europa does not reach Thors features. I hope for improvement in the future for both synths...

That thing about the "little wave folder" i did not understood. I think you are aware of FM oscillators in Thor or the FM routings in the matrix.
Reason12, Win10

scratchnsnifff

14 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
14 Sep 2018
Yea, i was wondering about the PWM too so often in the past. Maybe the reason they did it like that was emulation of "analog" or maybe the match was too heavy. Today i go to toher synths if i want to have a PWM wave. But actually Thors possiblities are unreached - even Europa does not reach Thors features. I hope for improvement in the future for both synths...

That thing about the "little wave folder" i did not understood. I think you are aware of FM oscillators in Thor or the FM routings in the matrix.
Oh I am aware of this, and I 10000% agree

Europa still could use FM via the mod matrix so you can do fm between oscillators

Also I wish the amp could be triggered via external devices

Kind of like how in Thor you can put CV1in
To amp env gate

And make a matrix gate pattern and have the Thor sound gated according to the matrix pattern

Maybe over time Mattias will have Europa improved, I believe someone from the props once told me something to the effect of “i will let the Europa team know”

So hopefully they are working on even more improvements

I could also see them improving grain by making it have 2 layers of the entire synth, and wav import for single cycle shapes, also if they wanted to get crazy they could allow for FM from the sub oscillator

Also maybe a grain mode that chops up a sound and plays Some determined number of grains (randomly placed) in reverse

So something like 20-100 grains would play reversed and the 20 reversed grains would be chosen randomly. Also allowing the number of random reversed grains to go up to 75 or something

“Reversed random grain mode”

Just some thoughts sorry to jump off topic:)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Loque

14 Sep 2018

Loque wrote:
14 Sep 2018

Nothing wrong to have dreams :-)
Reason12, Win10

• Information