Volume and panning controls in the sequencer .

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Djstarski

14 Sep 2018

It would be nice and efficient to have these parameters in the sequencer view . To the left of course , somewhere near the mute and solo buttons . Just an idea that i think may be useful .

antic604

18 Sep 2018

That idea from the other thread would solve it - a Mix Inspector :)

C//AZM

02 Oct 2018

antic604 wrote:
18 Sep 2018
That idea from the other thread would solve it - a Mix Inspector :)

Or something similar to this;
Attachments
pt-window.JPG
pt-window.JPG (59.19 KiB) Viewed 769 times

C//AZM

02 Oct 2018

Sorry for the poor graphics but I hope you can see the vol. and pan windows

C//AZM

02 Oct 2018

There's a lot of real estate under the M and S buttons in the Reason Seq. Would be a nice place for tiny faders, one vertical and one horizontal.

PhillipOrdonez

02 Oct 2018

Either way, would be very nice to have!

selig
RE Developer

02 Oct 2018

Yea, the problems with the Pro Tools suggestion is that the mixer channels are not represented in the Sequencer View unless you automate them. So you can't have a default Volume/Pan in the sequencer without adding a sequencer track for every Mix/Audio Channel in the mixer. It's because of the way the SSL was "grafted" onto the original Reason software…

However, the Mixer Inspector idea antic604 posted would begin to solve it, as long as the internal logic could know which mixer channel to show when you clicked on an instrument. The troubles would only be when one instrument (ReDrum/DrOctaRex/NNXT/Kong) had more than one mixer channel - which one would you show and how would you navigate to the other channels (and what about bus channels)? Plus, what about mix channels that were not represented by an instrument in the sequencer, such as when you use Mix Channels for FX returns or "live" inputs (when using external FX)?

I really wish Reason had a different overall paradigm, where one "object" represented the instrument, the mixer channel(s), and the sequencer tracks, so that everything for each logical instrument would be all in one place. Multi-out instruments would be grouped so you could address the "master" or any of the individual faders. One can dream…
Selig Audio, LLC

C//AZM

03 Oct 2018

selig wrote:
02 Oct 2018
Yea, the problems with the Pro Tools suggestion is that the mixer channels are not represented in the Sequencer View unless you automate them. So you can't have a default Volume/Pan in the sequencer without adding a sequencer track for every Mix/Audio Channel in the mixer. It's because of the way the SSL was "grafted" onto the original Reason software…
DOH! I keep forgetting about that....carry on.

O1B

03 Oct 2018

This is a really an archaic situation. Like, Stone age.
MClass Channel COMP? (w/Pan and Gain, of course)
SSL UI that we can view under devices? (The SSL Spectrum EQ View is/was a Good Start...)

Volume (AMPLIFICATION) and PAN (LFO or AUDIO Rate) are quite B.A.S.I.C. nowadays, IMO.
The only work-around for ME is SELIG GAIN, IMO... GAIN AND PAN.... BOOM!

The Selig GAIN RE should be incorporated into the mixer channel. - or the Sequencer - Period.
Selig GAIN is the WMD Performance Mixer in Reason.

- MONO Button...
- Independent LEFT and RIGHT panning on ONE CHANNEL. Now, THAT"S HOW IT'S DONE!
Even on the WMD mixer, you have to use two channels for that. Selig wins with dual PAN. It's RARE.
- VCA Mode.
And, yes, CV for INPUTS, FADER, and OUTPUT... no Programming necessary.

Make it happen, Props!
selig wrote:
02 Oct 2018

• Information