"Device LINK" - Request

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Mmj85

07 Jul 2018

Hello ReasonTalk :),
so a few days back while mixing on a project an idea come to me of how great would it be if we were able to LINK (Pair) multiple devices together to just control one(TOP Device) and the other would follow(Bottom Device)..

As an example,
I chose Selig DeEsser since it has the limitation of needing two devices to be able to work in true stereo.
With this option i can control both with just one device, let say once linking the top device becomes the MASTER.

Chain Large.jpg
Chain Large.jpg (207.24 KiB) Viewed 612 times
Rack View of Chain.jpg
Rack View of Chain.jpg (169.3 KiB) Viewed 612 times

Whats do you guys think about a LINK Feature?
What other possibilities can you guys come up with while using a LINK feature in Reason :reason: ?
Lets talk....
Last edited by Mmj85 on 14 Jul 2018, edited 3 times in total.

joeyluck

07 Jul 2018

Great idea!

I use something similar all the time in theatre and live sound whether it's a link feature of a digital sound board or assigning 'gangs' with QLab. Could be handy in many cases.

QVprod

08 Jul 2018

Would be great! This and the ability to link channels.

Mmj85

08 Jul 2018

QVprod wrote:
08 Jul 2018
Would be great! This and the ability to link channels.
Ah, yes yes
The ability to implement LINK on Channels would give us the capabilities to sync the Input/Dyna/EQ/Send and Fader controls on the SSL mixer together 👍🏼

I know that these are more advance options but I believe the beauty of Reason is that it gives us that option to go as complex as we want and by using a LINK feat, it would make it easier for us to work with dual devices much easer

Mmj85

08 Jul 2018

joeyluck wrote:
07 Jul 2018
Great idea!

I use something similar all the time in theatre and live sound whether it's a link feature of a digital sound board or assigning 'gangs' with QLab. Could be handy in many cases.
Oh that's nice that other programs offer something similar to what is being talked here, honestly I don't use any other program other than Reason because I am already use to Reasons work flow and customization, would be nice to see this be brought into Reason : )

jam-s

09 Jul 2018

This link feature could also be implemented with a vastly extended combinator by simply increasing the number of buttons, rotaries and slots in the programmer.

• Information