Why after all of this time does Reason still not have mono portamento slide in NN-XT?

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
markhansaven

30 Jun 2018

Maybe I'm missing something, maybe there's a way to do it, but I'm wondering why after all of this time can we not have some kind of smooth portamento mono slide feature?

You can set it to legato mode, but you will not get a smooth transition between two samples. It's a very odd thing to me that after all of this time, like 10 versions, this feature doesn't exist. The problem is that Kontakt is $400, pretty much the cost of Reason 10, so it doesn't make sense.

This is one of the most essential and basic needs that a sampler must have. My thought is that the focus isn't on the NN-XT sampler, but the thing is it's a REALLY good sampler, so they should be improving upon it!

jimmyklane

30 Jun 2018

I think this may have something to do with the lack of sample time stretching. If at some point (the key split) it switches samples on you then you’re absolutely going to hear the difference. If you checked out my Exploring Reason: Subtractor

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7507080&hilit=Explo ... Subtractor

video, you’ll notice that even the synth switches between samples when the low bandwidth option is on.

Have you tried loading in one single long synth note and spreading it over the entire range? If you do that, it SHOULD smoothly interpolate, but I’ll admit that I haven’t tried it.
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

Namyo85

01 Jul 2018

I've edited this reply as I got confused. I once requested the portamento on the NN-XT should be automatable, as should many other parameters. This would make it more awesomer. :cool:

• Information