Unlock Direct Communication Between Devices

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Raveshaper

18 Jun 2018

Reason already has the ability to leapfrog messages from device to device, creating signal chains of parameter control instead of CV or MIDI.

Simply expand on what Remote already makes possible by placing it into the app itself, as follows:
  1. Give each device a right click option called "Enable Networked Parameters" or similar.
  2. Provide a new type of override called "Network Mapping" or similar.
  3. Implement a GUI for defining min val, max val, interpolation curve, rate of change, and polarity of change when setting up each mapping.
  4. Add a visual network diagram overlay to the rack view when parameter networks are present, complete with "are you sure" warning when deleting members.
  5. Make the parameter network savable inside the song file itself.
  6. Allow standard Remote Overrides and Keyboard Mappings to drive the first parameter within a front panel signal chain to support both custom workflow and controller hardware.
I have written the networking code myself and it is functional. You can have it. Do this please.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

Loque

18 Jun 2018

I agree to better connection possibilities and data exchange. But without a usefull protocol, every device would be alone out there. I am thankfull, that at least a few devs had implemented PolyCV.
Reason12, Win10

• Information