Blocks Crossfading

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
FLVZ

01 May 2018

I use blocks for live performance, and it would be great if it was possible to crossfade blocks at channel level as well as globally. The ability to time stretch blocks would also open up another world of fun!

normen

01 May 2018

As all Blocks are playing the same instance of an instrument "cross-fades" can't really work. Like how would you at the same time turn down and turn up the volume of one synth? :) Sounds like bouncing the Block to an audio file is the better option, especially when you want to shuffle things live. Blocks will follow the global tempo though, so depending on how you want to use time stretch that might be possible already.

FLVZ

01 May 2018

normen wrote:
01 May 2018
As all Blocks are playing the same instance of an instrument "cross-fades" can't really work. Like how would you at the same time turn down and turn up the volume of one synth? :) Sounds like bouncing the Block to an audio file is the better option, especially when you want to shuffle things live. Blocks will follow the global tempo though, so depending on how you want to use time stretch that might be possible already.
You're right, why didn't I think of this before. Works quite well when you bounce the block to song clip, let it overlap and then use fade outs/ins to transition to the next section. Then the overlapping sections drifts into the tempo of the next section as well.

motuscott

01 May 2018

Reason: where there's a will, there's usually a Reasontalker who knows how to get there
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

normen

01 May 2018

motuscott wrote:
01 May 2018
Reason: where there's a will, there's usually a Reasontalker who knows how to get there
:lol: :lol: :lol:

normen

02 May 2018

Wow, I wanted to check back on this quote as I basically used it today and now I see that I apparently completely replaced one word in my mind. What I read was "Reason: Where there's a PROBLEM, theres usually a Reasontalker who knows how to get there". :D

So err, sorry @motuscott if my reaction seemed a bit creepy ;)

• Information