different clip align modes

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
WeLoveYouToo

06 Apr 2018

most DAWs let you "snap" align audio clips.
this is especially helpful when working on a composition not in time to a metronome, as well as when chopping up audio and trying to re-align.

antic604

06 Apr 2018

You can disable snap. Or you mean something else?

Although indeed Bitwig has something like "Snap to events" which can mean a clip on other track, a marker, etc. which is useful.

selig
RE Developer

06 Apr 2018

antic604 wrote:
06 Apr 2018
You can disable snap. Or you mean something else?

Although indeed Bitwig has something like "Snap to events" which can mean a clip on other track, a marker, etc. which is useful.
I'm guessing that's what being suggested - working with various video software that has this feature makes editing SO fast, and if you don't want it you just hold down a modifier key as you drag. Best of both worlds IMO, and something all DAWs could really use.
Selig Audio, LLC

EdGrip

10 Apr 2018

Ditto Selig - it's such a standard thing in video software.
I'm often frustrated trying to move or slice clips in Reason - sometimes I want it to move by 1/8th, sometimes (more often) I want it to snap to the nearest 1/8th, or sometimes I just want it to snap to meet another clip. This is definitely an area where Reason could do with some love.

• Information