Panning in the pianoroll PLEASE'Ahh!!

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
deepndark

29 Mar 2018

I would like to pan notes by right-clicking on the notes and then add a pan value inside a pianoroll.
AItähh!

Loque

29 Mar 2018

I feel with you... Add note to pan in the mod matrix of the instrument or do it with a pan control, like a mixer...
Reason12, Win10

miscend

29 Mar 2018

That is such a niche feature request.

I think what you are truly asking for is some sort of polyphonic per note automation. So you can adjust automation values per midi note.

deepndark

30 Mar 2018

^ Yup.

fieldframe
RE Developer

30 Mar 2018

Ok, so this isn't really about panning, but it's a request for polyphonic automation, which would come from MPE support.

In other words, add MPE support to Reason, and with it, functionality to edit MPE data in the piano roll. I can get behind that.

deepndark

30 Mar 2018

fieldframe wrote:
30 Mar 2018
Ok, so this isn't really about panning, but it's a request for polyphonic automation, which would come from MPE support.

In other words, add MPE support to Reason, and with it, functionality to edit MPE data in the piano roll. I can get behind that.
I came up with it when I wanted to pan some notes invidually inside a pianoroll. It could go like this: First note is panned to hard left, second notes hard right. It could do a radical panning jump from the notes to another or maybe a setting to have a smooth transient too maybe? I.E. Note A) jumps, when note B) is triggered + also a smooth transient from A) to B) too.

selig
RE Developer

30 Mar 2018

deepndark wrote:
fieldframe wrote:
30 Mar 2018

I came up with it when I wanted to pan some notes invidually inside a pianoroll. It could go like this: First note is panned to hard left, second notes hard right. It could do a radical panning jump from the notes to another or maybe a setting to have a smooth transient too maybe? I.E. Note A) jumps, when note B) is triggered + also a smooth transient from A) to B) too.
That maybe sounds more like a feature for a synth. It would be much faster to click a button in a synth than to draw in panning data if this is what you want.

NNXT has something similar: random pan per note (or panning according to note number).

Of course, Reason instruments would first have to add “MIDI Pan” for your idea to work…

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

deepndark

30 Mar 2018

^ When I wanted to do midi panning, it was for a Kong's drum sample. I think there's always several methods to add features. I can automate a Mix Channel's pan already now, but my biggest reasons to do feature suggestions like this is having more finalized way to achive stuff.

• Information