Reason Re-Parts + Builder

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
deepndark

28 Mar 2018

Here's an idea, that I have represented over the ol' good PUF in the earlier times too:
The "Race" or (Suite) could also be implented like this, both ideas put in one::
If we could load up any part of any RE into this suite, i.e. like Thor does it for it's OSC types and Filters etc.
We could build custom effects and synths by combining modules by a choice.
Suite was more like dressing a RE but this is another option to do it though. Re-parts + a Suite.
Propably this would be a nice thing for us to build stuff.

The problems to get there are propably these:
a) would RE makers need to add a Re-part support by splitting their devices into parts or Legos.
b) does it require to update the SDK

I'm not sure that should there also be a way to connect/route stuff to a Run devices by choice by loading em into suite too or should there be a Built-in Run effects or Modulation Matrix's, but I'm sure the Propellerheads have skills to finalize my another "RAW" fine idea.

Cheers!

deepndark

28 Mar 2018

Some further Thinkering here: Or should the RE parts be added into a "part core-bank"? At least those parts that are available already now by routing stuff through em?

deepndark

28 Mar 2018

The GUIs of the parts may require a standardized size, but otherwise it just should be settled.

deepndark

28 Mar 2018

Reason Experience 1 fan already NOW.

aeox
Competition Winner

28 Mar 2018

I'd suggest editing your original post so that you don't clutter your own thread :thumbs_up:

deepndark

28 Mar 2018

aeox wrote:
28 Mar 2018
I'd suggest editing your original post so that you don't clutter your own thread :thumbs_up:
It's a Genius's method to do it right tho. :cool:

deepndark

28 Mar 2018

And as I created this thread I think I do what i want in it too btw.

michael.jaye

11 Apr 2018

deepndark wrote:And as I created this thread I think I do what i want in it too btw.
Is what you’re suggesting something like Kilohearts Snap-heap with Snap-ins but rather than fx you’re using individual parts of other RE instruments (osc/ lfo etc)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loque

11 Apr 2018

I commit of exchanging modules between different devices on the fly. Take and osc from there, put into synth here, use filter xyz. And on top of it, i can freely add cv ins and outs, audio channels, macro controllers and have a separate big big big mod matrix.
Reason12, Win10

deepndark

11 Apr 2018

Yup. So when you'd buy a new Synth, as example Antidote, you'd get it's parts/modules automatically available from of the Suite's dropdown menu. It would also rock if you could rearrange the modular chain, i.e. if a signal goes firstly into shapers, filers etc.

Not sure what would be the bestest way, but one vision of how, would be:
A RE installer installs these parts into it's own place, when you intsall the RE itself. It would require that all the parts follow a standardized sizes, decided by the Propellerheads.

Mor1

11 Apr 2018

That’s good!!Any part anywhere!!👍👍

scratchnsnifff

13 Apr 2018

I think this would be amazing, would reinvigorate the modular aspect to Reason :) but In an Easy to understand way. Not sure if it would work as stated (buying a rack extension and automatically getting modules)
I feel like the props would make a shell with a basic layout and make an SDK for that layout, the concept of a mod matrix would be tricky unless every part successfully can communicate with one another, would probably be a part in the housing unit. I’d love to see this happen, would be like having a VCV rack inside of Reason, but if it was semi modular people would easily understand how to use it. The CV on the back might be tricky unless the synth is able to recognize that each oscilator is an oscillator, each env is an env and each filter is a filter. Maybe just a basic CV/In/our would work best for this model or it would be structured like Thor and the synth would just know which part is what. Please let us see something like this no matter how it works :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

scratchnsnifff

13 Apr 2018

P.s I know nothing about the sdk, but now that I think of it. Think of grain and how it has the little icon Thor does to switch oscilator modules. Maybe it is already possible to make the oscillators but I would assume the coders involved would have to share the same sort of code or something. Hard to say because I am no coder but now that I think of it, it might already be possible, each developer in the shop sells the same device and sells an “update” but the update is which ever parts. Not sure if I said that right my main point is the last sdk update might have made this possible, can’t say for certain though :p
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

• Information