Reason's F9 Is still not taken, so...

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
deepndark

28 Mar 2018

there sure could be this:

A Live Performing / DJ Mode::
I could imagine there to be tracks in a vertical list - in a full sized window. (A DARK_Grey_Interface maybe).
The left side having a pianoroll - that is followed by the tracks. And when you'd press down your C3 with your midi-keyboard, it would mute/unmute a certain track. The stripe itself would have 8 knobs and 8 buttons and 8 faders, that you could control with your midi-keyboard.

I would also add_ auto sync possibility, that is "auto_motorizing" your knobs and buttons to be in a perfect timing. I would also like a big button that plays your last DJ session from a memory, if you want to slurp a bit beer while DJ:ing.

Either the top or a bottom section should also have a "Master DJ:ing Interface" and there you'd be able to do freq cuts, tape stops, flangering etc. to the master signal too. I'd want to be able to control these _Main DJ slot functions with my Oxygen61.

I would like if my Glitch Rack Extensions would be hidden, but I could always unfold to see them when needed. <-- over there on a F9 interface.
There should be a button to see em, then I'd link some of it's buttons to a stripe button and fold it back later on.
A sidenote: all the REs that I'd create for F9 mode would not go into the same Rack_Channel, but would appear in it's own rack channel to not confuse me or the others at all then.

The basic scetch is DONE,
Thanks for reading, bye!

The look and feel could be Darkgrey and minimalistic look to get a maximum pleasure to Live Mix.

deepndark

28 Mar 2018

PS. [The auto_play your earlier session] in the middle of song would start from the beginning of the next measure, or maybe you could also add a marker for that too. Named as "DJ" anyone?

Nocturn789

29 Mar 2018

Reason had huge potential for a ableton-style session matrix view.
I always liked the idea of 'press to play'-clips with some options like for example looping.
And with Props awesome Remode SDK it would be a dream for everyone to set up any controller as a clip launcher ^^
:reason: v10.4
:recycle: :re:
Windows 10 Pro x64, Intel i7-7700K, 32GB RAM, Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Behringer X-Touch, Nektar Impakt LX61, Livid DS1, Novation LaunchPad Mini
Pioneer DJM-900NXS2, 2x Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS2, Korg Kaoss Pad 3

deepndark

29 Mar 2018

Nocturn789 wrote:
29 Mar 2018
Reason had huge potential for a ableton-style session matrix view.
I always liked the idea of 'press to play'-clips with some options like for example looping.
And with Props awesome Remode SDK it would be a dream for everyone to set up any controller as a clip launcher ^^
I would propably not use loops only but I'd like this Dj Mode to be able to Live Perform in a club to my fans maybe.
I'd make a fully finished track first, then do the rest by controlling/performing with my midi_keayboard. But yeah, not that keen of Live's way to do that myself.

kuhliloach

29 Mar 2018

deepndark

29 Mar 2018

^ What's that, reminds me of the Cubasis look back then.

• Information