Session Record aka Record Everything You DO

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
deepndark

25 Mar 2018

So where was I??

I have a story to tell first, before going into the actual suggestion details, what I'd like Propellerheads to do.
So yeah, it's me being creative, maybe slightly drunk - my neigbour sitting on my couch - we have an usual Friday where'as we both adore listening to music and relax, having fun.
I have a potential Reason project opened, it's just a basic memo, with 10 instruments and 1-8 bars long at this point.
And I want to introduce my song to my friends already now. So I'm pressing play and start to mute and unmute my channels/stripes in a sequencer view. I might mute and unmute some of my vox and mix in Live mode and I know how my building method later on is nothing worth as much of when comparing it to my session in Live.
Session Record is the answer. It's basically the same thing/situation like Rewiring into another program, and recording your jam-sessions into an audio. My suggestion is a lot deeper/better than that.
As a side note, you can't record any of the mutes in a sequencer view atm. You could setup some method like routing audio into a Mixer but in lots of the times these are not making you feel the same or are half-baked solutions to solve it in a maximum PLEASURE/Experience way. So why not Recording everything you do and recoridng it into a midi data? This is making music in a fly. I'd propably start most of my tracks like this if it would be possible. Then when your session would be down, I'd go into a next step i.e. Producing/Fixing/Re-arraging notes, editing etc. I am not a Propellerhead myself, but I think this is not Rocket_Science to develope it either.

Maybe a way to MAP all the Mutes into midi-keyboard keys too_ C3 Guitar, D3 Drums. You get a picture...
I thought to auto copy/paste everything inbetween L/R in a scetch but maybe that's not as important after all. I can do that much myself and copy/paste 5 minutes long clip-train myself before starting a "Record >Everything".

Audio track Recording in a fly could be triggered too maybe? With a C1 as example. But yeah, more music, better music.com are the keywords.

No wonder she stands up from on the couch dancing when I live try stuff, more oftenly than building (and ruining) it up manually.

Thanks!!

deepndark

25 Mar 2018

+ A PANIC BUTTON MAYBE!

• Information