4 Audio Menu Wants

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Creativemind

18 Mar 2018

Hi All!

I have 4 things I'd like to see added to the Audio File Menu when you right click an audio clip:-

1) Audio Speeds

Selecting this option from the menu will bring up a box which enables you to change the audio speed of that clip. I visualize it being something like this:-

1/4
1/2
3/4
Original
1 1/4
1 1/2
1 3/4
Double

Then it will change the speed accordingly of that audio clip. It will also perhaps display an emblem or icon on the audio clip to signify that that clip has been speed altered. Hovering of that emblem with your mouse cursor will display what speed it has been altered to while the mouse cursor is there. Original will be a great option to revert the audio back to it's original speed.

2) Audio File Info

This will tell you all you need to know about that audio clip.

Name:- Vocal Take 7... etc
Size:- 8.03MB etc
Length:- 32s etc (also beats and bars perhaps?)
Date and Time:- Displays the date and time recorded or if imported, same info but for imported time and date
Modified:- The date and time it was modified if so and how many times modified (also shows if it's a Comp take too?)
Speed:- Original or 1/2 speed depending whether it's been altered or not
Sample Path:- If it's a sample it tells you the file path like....C:\Documents\Audio\Broken Heart Vocals\Vocal Take7

Maybe also tells you the time in the project where the vocal is...like..

Position:- 30s - 1m02s / Bar 12 to Bar 18

Is there any other technical information that could be added as well...Highest dB / peak readings or something, RMS?

3) Auto-Silence

You can select this to manually type in a dB value above which anything will then be silenced in that clip. Seen this in Audacity.

4) Noise Remover.

Again, in Audacity and if say you have a clock ticking in an audio clip and you want it removed, you (I think) have to find a part of that audio clip where the clock tick is isolated. It then analyses that part, recognizes the sound / noise and can remove it from the entire clip. Very clever.

Thanks!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

esselfortium

18 Mar 2018

Audio file info would be great.

You can stretch an audio clip (or a midi clip) by double/half or any other amount using the tools window (F8).
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Creativemind

20 Mar 2018

esselfortium wrote:
18 Mar 2018

You can stretch an audio clip (or a midi clip) by double/half or any other amount using the tools window (F8).
Sorry Sarah not at my computer atm so just refreshing my memory of the tool window on Google images. Where in the tool window is audio length, I see Scale Tempo is that it?

Will obviously have a look when I'm at home.

esselfortium

20 Mar 2018

Creativemind wrote:
20 Mar 2018
esselfortium wrote:
18 Mar 2018

Sorry Sarah not at my computer atm so just refreshing my memory of the tool window on Google images. Where in the tool window is audio length, I see Scale Tempo is that it?

Will obviously have a look when I'm at home.
That's the one! It works on any clip, audio or midi :puf_smile:
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Creativemind

20 Mar 2018

esselfortium wrote:
20 Mar 2018
That's the one! It works on any clip, audio or midi :puf_smile:
Yes it works. Only thing is, is I tried it on piano and it wasn't very natural sounding. This is Reason 8.3 if it makes any difference,

• Information