Input and Output gain for all VSTs and REs

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
manisnotabird

22 Feb 2018

Certain VSTs and REs (especially distortion/saturation ones) introduce a big volume increase without an internal way to turn it down afterwards. I am using a Selig Gain afterwards to compensate (and you can use the MClass Maximizer or Compressor as a clean volume knob too), but it would be nice if a clean output gain knob was built into the VST interface.

Nocturn789

22 Feb 2018

manisnotabird wrote:
22 Feb 2018
Certain VSTs and REs (especially distortion/saturation ones) introduce a big volume increase without an internal way to turn it down afterwards. I am using a Selig Gain afterwards to compensate (and you can use the MClass Maximizer or Compressor as a clean volume knob too), but it would be nice if a clean output gain knob was built into the VST interface.
which plugins / REs do you have in mind?
:reason: v10.4
:recycle: :re:
Windows 10 Pro x64, Intel i7-7700K, 32GB RAM, Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Behringer X-Touch, Nektar Impakt LX61, Livid DS1, Novation LaunchPad Mini
Pioneer DJM-900NXS2, 2x Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS2, Korg Kaoss Pad 3

manisnotabird

22 Feb 2018

Saturation knob, Radiator/Little Radiator and Devil Loc/Devil Loc Deluxe from Soundtoys.

tiker01

22 Feb 2018

There is one in each Mix channel. Of course often that is too late in the signal path. Try to put FX into the insert FX section ;)

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

manisnotabird

22 Feb 2018

tiker01 wrote:
22 Feb 2018
There is one in each Mix channel. Of course often that is too late in the signal path. Try to put FX into the insert FX section ;)
Doesn't help if another level-sensitive effect is next in line. :(

geremix

26 Feb 2018

My work around in this kind of scenarios was to make my own combinator patches. For example with “Saturation knob” I’ve put a Reason M-Class Compressor after the RE (with threshold off and ratio 1:1) and then programmed a knob from the combinator to trim down the compressors input when at the same time it goes up with the saturation knob level. I’ve mess around with the combinator parameters till I found the right input decrease level so you only hear the distortion but with no change in levels. Following this example you can use the other knobs of the combinator to put an “input level” and some eq too to the array.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Aquila

12 Mar 2018

Not a bad idea actually. I've also found some REs like Saturation Knob really blow out the levels with no option to compensate, so I like to use an MClass compressor with the ratio set to 1:1 (little/no compression effect) and use its input or output gain knobs.

• Information