'Plugins' Window for VSTs beside Rack, Mixer and Sequencer

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Nocturn789

15 Feb 2018

Since the vst support implementation I do all masterings in Reason because of all those great final processing and monitoring vst plugins we can no use in Props DAW. What i'd like to see now is a better way to arrange open VSTs than separate windows for all vst instances. I though about a new area besides 'Rack', 'Sequencer' and 'Mixer' called for example 'Plugins'. I this one you could arrange and position all opened instances of vst plugins and lock their position. Maybe with a tab bar to navigate between groups. The reason (huehue) why I'd like to have this feature is to be able to navigate faster to all mastering plugins I use without opening separate windows of them. I have two screens i which are already filled with the areas we already have and having single vst windows over the Rack or whatever area feels a bit annoying to me.

What do you guys think?
Or maybe you have different Ideas to arrange VSTs
:reason: v10.4
:recycle: :re:
Windows 10 Pro x64, Intel i7-7700K, 32GB RAM, Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Behringer X-Touch, Nektar Impakt LX61, Livid DS1, Novation LaunchPad Mini
Pioneer DJM-900NXS2, 2x Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS2, Korg Kaoss Pad 3

antic604

16 Feb 2018

Coming from Live and Bitwig, just the fact alone that I have to constantly switch between 3 areas gets on my nerves... Those other DAWs are optimised for single-screen use (eg. a laptop), with very efficient use of space and - in case of Bitwig in particular - huge flexibility in terms of arranging the space. Reason is completely opposite, with sizeable areas of empty space, thick transport / header bars, thick section dividers, no full-screen option, fixed low-res assets, etc. Adding yet another area to that - provided it wouldn't be optional - would only make it worse, IMO.

But that's just me, as I always prefer things to be very tidy, evenly lined up and efficiently designed and my blood boils whenever I see setups like this - unused space to the right and at the bottom, 2 transport bars, mixer not aligned with the rest of windows, etc (LOL, even the file name says 'unusable'):

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/attachm ... g_7238.jpg

BTW, this is the kind of setup Props should support natively by giving us the ability to put the areas side-by-side instead of only on top of one another, especially since both the Rack and Mixer scroll vertically. Whoever thought it's a good idea with 16:9 and wider monitors?!

Also, since you're on 2 screens (and I'm assuming they're medium/big) then you can already dedicate a space on one of them and just 'pin' your plugins there so that they don't move or disappear.

Nocturn789

22 Feb 2018

Now that some ugly setup. Trust me I would melt too working with a setup like this.
antic604 wrote:
16 Feb 2018
Also, since you're on 2 screens (and I'm assuming they're medium/big) then you can already dedicate a space on one of them and just 'pin' your plugins there so that they don't move or disappear.
I'm not in my studio now, I can take some pictures later. But just imagine my setup like this: Right screen: sequencer view fullscreen. left screen: Mixer and Rack both fullscreen, i switch between those with F5 and F6. I feel very comfortable like this and i'd like to not have to suffer a loss of my reason windows to have the VSTs open all the time.
:reason: v10.4
:recycle: :re:
Windows 10 Pro x64, Intel i7-7700K, 32GB RAM, Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Behringer X-Touch, Nektar Impakt LX61, Livid DS1, Novation LaunchPad Mini
Pioneer DJM-900NXS2, 2x Pioneer CDJ-2000NXS2, Korg Kaoss Pad 3

• Information