Brain-gasm: Reason as a VST

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
RoryM0

06 Feb 2018

Here it is my vision, the Reason rack as a VST instrument/effect. Throw away the mixer, throw away the sequencer and transport and regroove, midi tool window etc, just leave the rack with all native devices and access to all rack extensions you've bought. What do you think of this idea? Would it be something you'd embrace? Answers on a postcard, or, right here in this thread.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Last edited by RoryM0 on 06 Feb 2018, edited 1 time in total.

Psuper

06 Feb 2018

That's essentially what Reason was until it went for 'DAW mode" adding in Audio. Just a rewired instrument that frankly I think Propellerheads has reverted it back to with the lack of updates a DAW needs these days.
Last edited by Psuper on 06 Feb 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

syncanonymous

06 Feb 2018

full circle, eh ?
RSN 10.4d4_9878_RME UFX+_Intel Core i7-8700K 3.7 GHz__Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4-3000
ASRock Fatal1ty Z370__Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX__Samsung 960 PRO/ M.2-2280 NVME SSD
:reason: :re: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :rebirth: :refill:

MikeMcKew

06 Feb 2018

I had this exact thought the other day. It would be really awesome, but seems rather unlikely - it would negate a lot of the appeal of switching to Reason proper, which is what PH wants. Unless the VST version was merely an additional feature provided when you buy the whole DAW?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

RoryM0

06 Feb 2018

MikeMcKew wrote:I had this exact thought the other day. It would be really awesome, but seems rather unlikely - it would negate a lot of the appeal of switching to Reason proper, which is what PH wants. Unless the VST version was merely an additional feature provided when you buy the whole DAW?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Yeah, I imagined it as an added extra, not instead of the full thing. Guess it would be another take on the idea of rewiring as psuper mentioned above.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Catblack

06 Feb 2018

If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

Oquasec

06 Feb 2018

Rewire is this, this is what props did.
Last edited by Oquasec on 07 Feb 2018, edited 1 time in total.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

Loque

07 Feb 2018

There was already the idea having Combinators as VST instruments or FX, which i find pretty interesting. And i think it could be possible with a adequate VST to Reason adapter.
Reason12, Win10

scratchnsnifff

08 Feb 2018

Loque wrote:
07 Feb 2018
There was already the idea having Combinators as VST instruments or FX, which i find pretty interesting. And i think it could be possible with a adequate VST to Reason adapter.
If something like this came about maybe the synths could send CV between themselves as they already do, but also they could take the approach of. Kiloheartz multipass, with the few LFOs and envelopes that can be thrown around everywhere
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

theshoemaker

09 Feb 2018

Maybe ReWire VST http://www.energy-xt.com/index.php?id=0401 is something for you , if your dawn doesn't have native ReWire support.

Other than that, I'd always prefer native ReWire support.
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

antic604

12 Feb 2018

Instead, I'd prefer to have Reason's instruments & effects as a separate VSTs to use in other DAWs. Shouldn't be really that difficult for the newer ones (Europa, Grain, Polar, Radical Piano/Keys, Parsec, etc.) which are based on RE?

I suspect Props would be able to earn more that way - if priced right - than they do selling Reason itself... :)

Ahornberg

12 Feb 2018

There's a Rewire VST http://www.energy-xt.com/index.php?id=0115 for DAWs without Rewire support.

Noplan
Competition Winner

12 Feb 2018

Now since Reason has VST support, we would be able to load Reason into the Rack. Boom! Earthquake!

• Information