flexible RE download location

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
gdm41

03 Feb 2018

Hi PH,

i wish to choose a downloadlocation for my Rack Extensions. I run my Windows on pretty small ssd and can not use my RsE because of lacking disk space. Quite annoyig....

I would buy your next version if it include this feature :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Start lending-> http://www.kiva.org

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

04 Feb 2018

gdm41 wrote:
03 Feb 2018
Hi PH,

i wish to choose a downloadlocation for my Rack Extensions. I run my Windows on pretty small ssd and can not use my RsE because of lacking disk space. Quite annoyig....

I would buy your next version if it include this feature :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Use mklink

This command allows me to store my RE at this location d:\mklink\Rackextensions

mklink /J "C:\Users\YOURNAME\AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions" "D:\Mklink\RackExtensions"

Of course, you location can be anywhere you want.

Step 1, MOVE the RE to new location. (don't copy)
Step 2, remove the Rackextensions folder from the C drive
Step 3, run the above command, replace YOURNAME with your windows login name.
Step 4, start Reason and you should be all set to go :)

PoohBear

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Recent Music made with Reason
(Electronic) Poly Madness
(Electronic) Solar Dance
(Electronic) Into The Night
(Upbeat) The Players Took Me There Made in Reason 9 with heavy use of the players
(Electronic) 5 Steps (Video added) Updated
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gdm41

04 Feb 2018

Yeah thanks, that worked well. But i would like to see a download destination location in the preferences.
Start lending-> http://www.kiva.org

• Information