Europa feature request/cool idea

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
scratchnsnifff

26 Jan 2018

Not sure if I saw a Europa feature request thread so I thought I’d start

I emailed the props about a very interesting idea I had regarding sample import/wavetable generation

Look at where the envelope section is all the way to the left is a blank spot that could fit one more envelope, my idea isn’t just to add another envelope but rather add a multiple envelope/sample editor slot
Of course if this was the case it would have to be a pop up window like reasons normal sample editor. But it would be neat if this mega envelope either had inside of it sample import/a wave sequence of 4-8 slots. Draw one shape and drag it to one of the open slots
Maybe the sample editor could have an option for cutting a sample into 256 frames and you could adjust how much crossfading is applied or if you wanted spectral morph

As far as other needed/wanted features to better Europa

The spectral filter should have a global button so it processes all 3 engines at once
Copy/paste engines and modifiers
Maybe some more harmonic engine types
It has phase distort but it would be cool to see bend + and bend -
More factory wavetables, unless sample import or my idea is implemented:p (that would be something!!!!)
The back panel could use a cleaner layout as it just looks dull compared to the realistic looks of the other native devices

Would love to hear what others have to say and think about what could be added to the red beast that is Europa!
Since it’s introduction iv fallen for it, but it does seem like it could use a few final touches to solidify its place in reasons rack as a heavyweight champion for the ages!
:puf_bigsmile: :reason: :rt:
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

riemac

26 Jan 2018

My wishes are:

- Sample and wavetable import
- A modifier to adjust the phase of the oscillator
- New detuning algorithm for the unison, which emulates the JP-8000 supersaw (which is not linear)
- Highpass filter for reverb and delay FX

Loque

26 Jan 2018

* audio in
* ofc leading of wave tables and a few more to edit
* ofc copy and paste
* a bigger editor for the wavetable world be nice, also for other synths
* bigger mod matrix and dedicated cv
Reason12, Win10

riemac

08 Jun 2018

Now that Europa is available as VST and has to stand up against synths like Serum I would like to talk again about feature requests for Europa. The main feature request, which has been sample import, has been addressed by the last update from propellerhead.
This are my main feature request for future updates:

- Add a new modifier to adjust the phase of the oscillator
- Add a new FM modifier, which allows it to FM modulate the wave from another oscillator/Engine (or at least add FM in the Modulation Matrix like in Thor)
- New detuning algorithm for the unison, which emulates the JP-8000 supersaw (which is not linear, you can look this up in the supersaw script from Adam Szabo)
- Add a display which shows the milliseconds of the LFO delay. At the moment there is no indication how long the delay is.
- Increase the speed of the LFO’s from 50 Hz to 100 Hz
- Add Predelay and different Reverb algorithms to the Reverb (Plate, Room, Hall etc.)
- Add an High- and Low-Shelf to the EQ
- Copy and paste

Do you have any other feature requests?

Loque

08 Jun 2018

riemac wrote:
08 Jun 2018
Now that Europa is available as VST and has to stand up against synths like Serum I would like to talk again about feature requests for Europa. The main feature request, which has been sample import, has been addressed by the last update from propellerhead.

- Add a new FM modifier, which allows it to FM modulate the wave from another oscillator/Engine (or at least add FM in the Modulation Matrix like in Thor)
- New detuning algorithm for the unison, which emulates the JP-8000 supersaw (which is not linear, you can look this up in the supersaw script from Adam Szabo)
- Add a display which shows the milliseconds of the LFO delay. At the moment there is no indication how long the delay is.
- Add Predelay and different Reverb algorithms to the Reverb (Plate, Room, Hall etc.)
- Copy and paste

From my list only the wave loading has come. And regarding your update, i contacted PH about the LFO Delay which lacks a tooltip or display, guess they closed the ticked with some warm words. We will see...
Reason12, Win10

jimmyklane

08 Jun 2018

riemac wrote:
08 Jun 2018

- Copy and paste

I’m not in front of Reason, but from memory, you CAN adjust the phase of the oscillator, but it’s a hack. You can modulate the unison parameters. Turn the unison to phase only and modulate the detune parameter.

Now if you meant START PHASE, I’m not sure if it can be done but I’ll look to see if it can be hacked with the mod matrix.
DAW: Reason 12

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

www.soundcloud.com/jimmyklane

jimmyklane

08 Jun 2018

Honestly, I have no feature requests yet because I haven’t made all the sounds Europa is capable of making. With the CV inputs I can have any combination of 8 LFOs or envelopes which is just insane...adding cv utilities into the mix makes for an enormous number of possible tones and sounds. TBH I haven’t even gotten to grips with all that Thor can do, having never worked with any of the sequencer tricks, etc.

So, once I understand it inside and out I’ll start looking for things to add.

Some of the stuff suggested in this thread sounds super cool though, keep it coming!

SAMPLERS: Akai MPC 2000, E-mu SP1200, E-Mu e5000Ultra, Ensoniq EPS 16+, Akai S950, Maschine

SYNTHS: Mostly classic Polysynths and more modern Monosynths. All are mostly food for my samplers!

scratchnsnifff

08 Jun 2018

So the sample loading is a great feature but I think it still needs to have it for all 3 engines

Also as mentioned previously, now that it’s in the world with massive and serum; it should have a few improvements to make its workflow more streamline.
It could use a touch up on the effects. The basic parameters are easy, but it would be nice to have more options at least with the phaser chorus and flanger.
Il have to see what else I can think of. But it still needs at least sample loading for all 3 engines :)

jimmyklane

08 Jun 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
08 Jun 2018
So the sample loading is a great feature but I think it still needs to have it for all 3 engines

Also as mentioned previously, now that it’s in the world with massive and serum; it should have a few improvements to make its workflow more streamline.
It could use a touch up on the effects. The basic parameters are easy, but it would be nice to have more options at least with the phaser chorus and flanger.
Il have to see what else I can think of. But it still needs at least sample loading for all 3 engines :)
Loading an individual sample into all three engines, the spectral filter as well as perhaps envelopes 3/4....

I’d be pleased by that

Sylnox

09 Jun 2018

I'd be pretty happy if they just modified whatever system they used to port Europa to VST to support subfolders in the menu of and drag-and-drop onto the file-loading sections that are linked to the browser in the Reason version (so, preset selector and Wavetable/sample import in Europa). When you're up against something as slick as Serum you can't afford to have the type of clunky file-open dialog-based system that Europa VST has now. Regarding Europa generally, I'd also like to see:
-Another page or two of the mod matrix. Other REs like Nostromo have this feature so why doesn't Reason's super-ultra-flagship synth?
-Global mod targets for aspects of the engines, especially pitch. Currently if you have all 3 engines running and want to map an LFO to pitch for vibrato it takes 2 rows of the already-tiny mod matrix.
-Another vote for per-engine sample loading
-Another vote for more wavetables/oscillator types

scratchnsnifff

15 Jun 2018

Was just thinking of how cool the new umpf reverb section is and I got to thinking, I wonder if Europa and grain could get a similar feature

It would be cool to see some more complexity to grain and europas effects

Such as more reverb options like a Hall, room, large/small space
Or even a convolution engine :)

The EQ could totally use some lovin in both of the Reason 10 synths
I’d guess that it’s poesible for them to make a mini version of the mclass eq inside of the eq section
A mini eq that you could drag a point and adjust the curve to form your eq bell or peak and maybe have small knobs to adjust via knobs
Not sure if re doing the chorus/flanger and phaser is possible but I’d love to see one of each dedicated in its own effect so you could modulate the phaser frequency
Another hair ball idea is to make the effects rack a changeable panel
So you could have a different suite of effects all together and the user could flip between the two. This would essentially give Europa and grain a basic and complex mode when it comes to using in synth effects

Just thinking out loud here :)

• Information