Combi knob labels should transfer to seq window automation lanes

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
mbfrancis

01 Jan 2018

Just what it says...when I label a Combi knob "Frequency" and then I automate it, why isn't the automation lane called "Frequency"? Instead it's always called "Rotary 1." Small thing, but annoying...labels change everywhere else (e.g. when you name a device the MIDI lane changes).
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

scratchnsnifff

02 Jan 2018

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Namyo85

16 Jan 2018

Indeed... Myself and others have been asking for this feature for a long time, it isn't an absolutely essential thing but not fixing this particular issue, and others like it, give the impression that apathy exists when it comes to refining Reason. It's unprofessional to leave such things unfixed.

scratchnsnifff

22 Jan 2018

Namyo85 wrote:
16 Jan 2018
Indeed... Myself and others have been asking for this feature for a long time, it isn't an absolutely essential thing but not fixing this particular issue, and others like it, give the impression that apathy exists when it comes to refining Reason. It's unprofessional to leave such things unfixed.

I use to think it wasn’t essential, although the more I used Reason the more I notice how useful it would be. My hands hurt after producing for a little while, so scrolling up and down when it’s unnecessary can literally be a pain :p
I might add that because the input text doesn’t transfer I find myself reading each knob that I program or use “preset” combinators I made one for each stock device plus my favorite REs I suppose that’s the only work around other than automating per device which clutters the sequencer

antic604

23 Jan 2018

+1!

How could they think it's not a good idea to link those?

scratchnsnifff

23 Jan 2018

antic604 wrote:
23 Jan 2018
+1!

It is a great idea! I just meant when I first started using Reason I never thought much about it. But as I started to use the combinator for everything, I then realized to this day that it is much needed!
Automating the pulverizers filter, will show “filter frequency” in the sequencer.
Maybe because it’s a text input?? Idk but I feel like it wouldn’t be that hard to implement maybe in one of the updates they will focus mainly on the combinator so we could make proper multi instance combinator patches :) that’ll be the day:):):)

Catblack

23 Jan 2018

I also want Remotables for the combinator labels!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

mbfrancis

23 Feb 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
23 Jan 2018
antic604 wrote:
23 Jan 2018
+1!

It is a great idea! I just meant when I first started using Reason I never thought much about it. But as I started to use the combinator for everything, I then realized to this day that it is much needed!
Automating the pulverizers filter, will show “filter frequency” in the sequencer.
Maybe because it’s a text input?? Idk but I feel like it wouldn’t be that hard to implement maybe in one of the updates they will focus mainly on the combinator so we could make proper multi instance combinator patches :) that’ll be the day:):):)
No, I'm saying the seq lane label should match what you label the knob on the combinator, not the device the knob is controlling.
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

scratchnsnifff

23 Feb 2018

mbfrancis wrote:
23 Feb 2018
scratchnsnifff wrote:
23 Jan 2018

No, I'm saying the seq lane label should match what you label the knob on the combinator, not the device the knob is controlling.
I hear ya, iv Been making combibators that use the first knob as a filter second as LFO rate and the third and 4th as wild cards, wave tables or modifiers.

Iv learned to cope without by having a certain way of programming the rotaries. But I still find myself having to scroll and see which knob does what (especially in more subtle scenarios) I really hope they fix this as it does almost seem like a bug lol, but it would be nice if they focused a major update on their legacy devices

Creativemind

24 Feb 2018

And having the automation lane value read in the right value. Not just for a combinator but in general. Like if you automate the faders on the main mixer and go to the automation lane and it's value reads 1-1000. What's that relate to? Should read in dB.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

mbfrancis

24 Feb 2018

Creativemind wrote:
24 Feb 2018
And having the automation lane value read in the right value. Not just for a combinator but in general. Like if you automate the faders on the main mixer and go to the automation lane and it's value reads 1-1000. What's that relate to? Should read in dB.
^ Yes, this too. :puf_smile:

Psuper

24 Feb 2018

Just one of hundreds of simple core-DAW things Props need to be pumping out.
Reason needs to DAW.viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7504985

Creativemind

25 Feb 2018

Psuper wrote:
24 Feb 2018
Just one of hundreds of simple core-DAW things Props need to be pumping out.
It is. I have 30 features discluding midi editing that the vast majority would really speed up Reasons workflow and some just be really useful which I have messaged them about in the past.

I also have 40 for midi editing and inline audio editing.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

• Information