Sequencer Tweaks...

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
AttenuationHz

14 Dec 2017

Lets have all your sequencer tweaks...

Start it off with very a simple one which will make workflow a little easy. I tend to take a few more seconds to focus on the sequencer window when I Alt click to edit automation parameters. The lane /track is greyed out for the selected track but when you are focused on the sound you are tweaking it would make things much easier IMO if the lane that is selected for the automation would flash slowly until you alt click again to add a clip, That is after finding the tiny font on the far left of the window. When you have multiple tracks highlighting the track to be edited should be more obvious than what it is currently. Clicking multiple paramters on a device would make all those lanes flash until you place a clip on them.

Would also like to see overdubs to automation. Obviously only one could be enabled at a time but for a quick A/B of the automation lanes this would be a great addition. Take it a step further it would be wonderful to be able to attach CV into the sequencer. For instance you have two frequency lanes. Adding a LFO to the two lanes to A/B. Think of it like adding the frequency mod to a combinator except adding the LFO to the sequencer would allow you to visualise the MOD when the device is not in the combi. The Frequency slider/knob would move like it does with automation. This could allow for infinite possible combinations of mods. Combi for the sequencer!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

antic604

16 Dec 2017

Great topic. My requests as a fresh Reason user:
- editing of multiple clips at once, with notes / audio visible at the same time,
- option to add effects' automation lanes to the track of the instrument they belong to,
- grouping tracks in folders, hiding of tracks,
- ability to easily select a vertical slice of the arrangement and making Block out of it,
- while working on single screen, other views collapsed - double-clicking the device thumbnail moves focus to Rack, anywhere else on channel's header to the Mixer,
- alias clips (ie. clips duplicated with modifier key mirror changes made to the original),
- an option to choose a device from a Combinator and VSTs GUI to be displayed as a track's thumbnail image, instead of white anonymous box (yes, I know you can skin them),
- in-track editing of audio and MIDI, without the need to go to separate mode/window
- curves in automation.

Otherwise it's perfect :)

wils

27 Dec 2017

Join notes in clip (in the same way that you can join clips together, why not notes?)

cgijoe

09 Feb 2018

I'll add ghost notes too! The new Ableton 10 does this and its fantastic. If you start playback after the onset of a MIDI note, it will still play even though it technically started before you pressed Play.

scratchnsnifff

13 Feb 2018

Iv posted else where and even told the props about this idea, if and or when they were to put automation curves. They should add the ability to save a select number of custom automation shapes. I always draw a few types of shapes so that would be handy, and if I was able to save the types of shapes I make for dubstep basses :D would be a unique feature as far as I know of
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

• Information