Transport bar edit

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Southgate

07 Dec 2017

I find myself working with my Surface Pro more and more when away from home. It's really crazy that everything is at my finger-tips anytime and anyware...

The sceen size is small...and it's driving me nuts...everytime I want to edit pitch or midi notes.

The options are obscured or taken up with other modules such as: The Sync Mode selection or Keys / Groove selector.

Should we not have the ability to choose which items / modules are on the Transport bar?

S

plaamook

08 Dec 2017

Actually you can assign most things to hot keys and just hide the transport bar.
Just sayin.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

Southgate

12 Dec 2017

plaamook wrote:
08 Dec 2017
Actually you can assign most things to hot keys and just hide the transport bar.
Just sayin.
I have had a look into Keyboard Control editor if that is what you are refering to?

Would you care to expand?

I want to click on an audio clip and be able to pitch up/down with the increments 0.00 as in the edit screen and then I also got in the habbit of setting my loop markers via the transport bar instead of on-screen dragging...I'm not having luck with that either.

Cheers

S

Southgate

13 Dec 2017

plaamook wrote:
08 Dec 2017
Just sayin.
Plaamook has a good point...but I am still none the wiser as to how to achieve the 'Hot Key' method.

Anyone....?

S

antic604

13 Dec 2017

Southgate wrote:
07 Dec 2017
I find myself working with my Surface Pro more and more when away from home. It's really crazy that everything is at my finger-tips anytime and anyware...

The sceen size is small...and it's driving me nuts...everytime I want to edit pitch or midi notes.

The options are obscured or taken up with other modules such as: The Sync Mode selection or Keys / Groove selector.

Should we not have the ability to choose which items / modules are on the Transport bar?

S
What Windows scaling are you on? I'm using 200% on my Surface Pro 4 (recommended setting) and while the image could be sharper, I don't really have any problem seeing transport bar in its entirety:

Also, I think people talking about mapping keys are OSX users, as I'm not aware of that option in Windows nor in Reason itself.

Still, accessing on-screen keyboard is F4, toggling Browser visibility is F3, note detail editor is F8, etc. I don't think there's key for ReGroove though.

antic604

13 Dec 2017

Southgate wrote:
12 Dec 2017
I also got in the habbit of setting my loop markers via the transport bar instead of on-screen dragging
Why? :shock:

plaamook

14 Dec 2017

antic604 wrote:
13 Dec 2017
Also, I think people talking about mapping keys are OSX users, as I'm not aware of that option in Windows nor in Reason itself.
Yep, OSX. It's great for all of this. Plus you can jack the track pad with Better Touch Tool. Really powerful combo in Reason.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

antic604

15 Dec 2017

plaamook wrote:
14 Dec 2017
antic604 wrote:
13 Dec 2017
Yep, OSX. It's great for all of this. Plus you can jack the track pad with Better Touch Tool. Really powerful combo in Reason.
Well, turns out there's more to it than I thought:

Didn't had time to try this out (just found it yesterday), but that should work on Windows too :)

• Information